Guardia Civil registering guests

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Reiver

Post by Reiver »

Thanks for that, Sunbeam. That's an interesting suggestion and it's good to hear that the GC showed some flexibility re your form design. Are you not obliged to send a scanned copy of each passport, though?

Maybe I've misunderstood. If it's simply the personal details - full name, dob, and so on (with maybe a passport number) - but NOT requiring a scan of the actual passport - then that would be really helpful to know. If you're able to clarify that then it would be greatly appreciated.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

No - not a scan of the passports themselves. We ask guests to fill out their details and there is a column for their signature.

We find the requirement a bit farcical to be honest - there is room for human error mis-inputting the details into a very user-unfriendly online system, which I'm sure I've done the odd time.

But it has worked to fulful the requirement. We have never been checked up on and nor do we know anyone who has been checked up on.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

to clarify - "our" form has all the details requested in the horribly designed GC form. Each column heading corresponds to the GC form and a row for each guest. We also write at the top of the form why we need to collect the details, that it's a requirement etc.

Hopefully this helps.
Last edited by Sunbeam on Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reiver

Post by Reiver »

Many thanks for the clarification and you certainly raise a few interesting points there. I felt sure, for example, that a scan/photo of each passport was an essential requirement. Apparently not. All in all, this whole issue seems to have brought out a patchwork of snippets and ideas which I'm trying to assemble into a workable solution to a problem that really shouldn't exist.

If it was just a case of delivering the required information to the Hopsideria site - scans or otherwise - then that would be fine. Guests can send that to us in advance - problem solved.

Unfortunately, there seems to be an additional requirement that the GC be allowed to come and check that we still have signed physical copies of the digital data that we supplied them with in the first place. So are they verifying the data or checking to see that we can file it in a locked cupboard??

Once again, thanks for your help - much appreciated. I feel that we're making progress but there is still some way to go.
CSE

Post by CSE »

We have used our own design of form for collecting data. The GC are really only interested in the details you complete on their website. Until you get inspected and again all they are interested in is the level of information collected, and a signature.
it is a very simple process. It is the privacy laws that have made a storage of information just that bit more complicated.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
-Chris-

Post by -Chris- »

Very interesting thread, are there any non-resident people here who rent out their property in Spain and have managed to do things as they should be done please?
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Nope. We have conformed as much as we can but in our area nothing has been put in place to do all of what they require. Very frustrating to say the least.
CSE

Post by CSE »

sorry what do you mean nothing in your area has been set up?
Maybe you could explain more?
As the information on this forum goes:
Once you have a license (I do not believe that there are many areas of Spain that do not now require this)
It is for the owner of the property to go to the GC offices and obtain a code for the GC website.
BB

Post by BB »

Really useful info here, thank you. It's great to have a place to discuss this issue, as I also need to get people checked in correctly without being in Spain myself ....

Can I just clarify, that are we saying that we can:

1) Gain the passport details and signatures on the GC form in advance
2) Within 24 hours of their arrival submit these details on the GC website
3) Somehow get the form to the property in Spain and store there in a lockable place (e.g. built-in safe or lockable cupboard)

Does the above work and does it comply with the rules, regulations and law?

many thank
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

Yes to 1 and 2

Even as on site owners am not sure how the GC would check the original form (with signature). The rental property and grounds is separate to our house and grounds. If the GC turned up at the rental property I have no idea how they would 1/ communicate with the guests in English and 2/ know where the owners house is.

Perhaps any spot checking is not actually done by turning up at the property but by some kind of check with the registered owners via post?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Sunbeam wrote:Yes to 1 and 2

Even as on site owners am not sure how the GC would check the original form (with signature). The rental property and grounds is separate to our house and grounds. If the GC turned up at the rental property I have no idea how they would 1/ communicate with the guests in English and 2/ know where the owners house is.

Perhaps any spot checking is not actually done by turning up at the property but by some kind of check with the registered owners via post?
The GC do not need to talk to the guest. They will talk to you.
With all the registration details they have about you, they will find you!
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

you are right - no doubt they will find us somehow. thanks for your response
BB

Post by BB »

Okay so, first guests arrived today...
They had already sent us copies of their passports and a signature on a completed 'CONTROL HOSPEDERÍAS GUARDIA CIVIL' forms. We completed GC registration of guests on the GC website. So just need to get the forms to the property and into a lockable cupboard... does that all sound good to you kind experts out there?....
.....sorry to sound a bit nervous about it all, but I am a tad worried that one day the GC might come knocking and want to be prepared. Thanks again
Vera

Post by Vera »

Has anyone used an app called CheKin for registering guests?