Putting nightly rate of £1 into HA for nights we're closed

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
SPJ

Putting nightly rate of £1 into HA for nights we're closed

Post by SPJ »

I've just been putting my nightly rates into HA's overly complicated rates calculator for 2020. This is the first time I've done this, so I'm looking at a totally spurious figure that was created at the time I purchased my listing - the HA guy on the phone put in a made up number for me. At the time I didn't care, because I only do weekly bookings, but I now realise it can make me look expensive versus my competitors.
Our season is May 22nd to October 17th outside those dates there is no "nightly rate" since we are closed. So I tried to put in £0 and the system won't accept it. So I've changed the totally spurious number for the dates we are closed to £1.
Are there any downsides to doing this? If you are closed, what do you put?
Thanks for any helpful comments / suggestions.
jafa

Post by jafa »

cant you just book them out to yourself, at no charge
Jafa
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Hi Jafa, not sure I quite understand. I can block out the dates I'm shut, but this is the calculator used to show my daily rate on the front of my ad. Until I changed it, my "daily rate" on the calendar for the dates I'm shut was £106 per night - ludicrous! So now the calendar shows £1 for each of the days I'm shut.