"Bien immobilier"

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
oasiscouple

"Bien immobilier"

Post by oasiscouple »

This smells to me due to the term bien immobilier. What do you think?

"Bonjour Monsieur/Madame,

Je suis à la recherche d'un bien immobilier à louer dans votre région,Ayant pris connaissance de votre annonce,Je vous écris dans le but de savoir si vous pouvez me recevoir moi et ma femme sur une période de 2 semaines? soit la période du 14/09 au 28/09/2019, pour 2 personnes? Merci de me répondre par mail: yvesarmandtaupin@gmail.com et aussi Serait il possible de régler rapidement par virement bancaire depuis l'Irlande du nord ? Nous venons pour le tourisme.

Respectueusement

MR TAUPIN YVES ARMAND
2 Victoria street, Belfast BT2 4QG, Royaume-Uni
+44 28 9794 4270"
Honi soit qui peu y boit
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

It might be indicative, but maybe not. The correct postcode for 2 Victoria Street, Belfast is BT1 3GE, which differs from the message.

I don't understand the special meaning of "bien immobilier", because I don't speak French very well. "un bien immobilier à louer" translates as "a property for rent". Perhaps this person might have written "Une propriété de vacances à louer", but as he has specified the dates, I doubt there is anything long term secretly in his mind.

If it were me, I should proceed as normal.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Thanks for your comments, but I have decided to put it into spam. I noticed later that it was sent to "unnamed recipients" and also "bien immobilier" is too vague instead of referring to our holiday apartment, and other points in his email which meant that his email was a round robin so it made me suspicious.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

oasiscouple wrote:Thanks for your comments, but I have decided to put it into spam. I noticed later that it was sent to "unnamed recipients" and also "bien immobilier" is too vague instead of referring to our holiday apartment, and other points in his email which meant that his email was a round robin so it made me suspicious.
“Unnamed recipients” is a good sign that Spammy McSpamface has visited your inbox.