zip link beds again!

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
SPJ

zip link beds again!

Post by SPJ »

I'm hoping finally this winter to get two zip link beds for our cottage but I'm wondering if there is an alternative to the divan type base I am seeing on the various sites I've been researching.
We have underfloor heating in the cottage so divan bases that come to the ground are not ideal.
I thought I'd seen somewhere zip link bed frames with legs, but I can't now find them.
I wondered if anyone has come across zip link beds with legs? They can be quite short, but it would be good to have some air space between the bed and the floor.

Thanks for any help / suggestions. Sue
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

Yes, we have a set (which I liked so much I shipped back from France when we sold the villa).

I'm racking my brains to remember where we got them from, possibly Maison de la Literie, or Galeries Lafayette, although a few years ago now. It may be worth checking if the divans you are looking at will take legs (ie. pre-drilled holes?)
Nuthatch

Post by Nuthatch »

Ours came from Mattisons Contract beds (although they're in the UK). There was a choice of short or longer legs, as well as the usual deep divan base. Having legs means cleaning is much easier, plus I think it gives a cleaner and more contemporary look (IMHO).
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

Just had a quick look: our bases (and mattresses) are TRECA brand.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thank you Nuthatch and Zingara - very helpful. Glad to see I can get a shallow divan with legs - now it's just down to price - gulp!