Average Lifespan Of Inflatable Pool Tools?

For anything to do with the garden and pool
LotBoy47

Average Lifespan Of Inflatable Pool Tools?

Post by LotBoy47 »

For those that provide inflatable pool toys for your guests, how long to they last?

Any brands to recommend?

We purchased a number of relatively cheap and cheerful Intex items which survived about a week of standard kid use. I didn’t expect them to last all season, but expected a bit more than a week.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Don't bother to provide anything.
If the client wants to get some plastic rubbish to keep their kids happy then the local supermarket will have lots, you will just have to clear up the mess at the end of their stay.
What would Plato do ?
Circé

Post by Circé »

bornintheuk wrote:Don't bother to provide anything.
If the client wants to get some plastic rubbish to keep their kids happy then the local supermarket will have lots, you will just have to clear up the mess at the end of their stay.
+1
Another thing we do is to ask those with kids to put to one side any of the old inflatables they find which are u/s, or their ones which they puncture, so that we can dispose of them correctly.
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

Mmmm... I’m starting to think we’ve been overly generous.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Circé wrote: Another thing we do is to ask those with kids to put to one side any of the old inflatables they find which are u/s, or their ones which they puncture, so that we can dispose of them correctly.
Hi Cricé, can you advise how to dispose of them correctly? We have been putting ours in the recycling bin.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I used to provide them, but some only lasted a few weeks, guests never replaced them, so now they buy their own to destroy :lol: :lol:
Circé

Post by Circé »

Dusty wrote:
Circé wrote: Another thing we do is to ask those with kids to put to one side any of the old inflatables they find which are u/s, or their ones which they puncture, so that we can dispose of them correctly.
Hi Cricé, can you advise how to dispose of them correctly? We have been putting ours in the recycling bin.
Depends on your local recycing centre, here they go to the dechetterie and go in 'plastic and other waste' skip and thence I expect to landfill (!)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

You are being overly generous :)
As per everyone else I let them buy their own...we provide a couple of things for babies and toddlers but that's because we are with TOTs.

Plus as others have said, they never replace ones that have burst. This summer some lovely guests bought a huge unicorn and left it. You could tell it was expensive.
2nd lot of guests afterwards obviously burst it and never said a sodding word. When I asked them I got told they'd left a small rubber ring and 2 bats and ball in place of it....even though we have many bats and 3 rings.

Mousie
x
CSE

Post by CSE »

This subject was on the BBC the other day.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49488120?in ... ting-story
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

Herself came back from Aldi with some “magic waterproof repair” tape, so I’m going to try that and see what happens.

I’ve had success in the past if the hole/tear is in the middle of a panel, but if they’re near a seam, it’s off to the dechetterie.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I have a plastic storage trunk in my car port. Any inflatables bought by guests, not being taken home is left in the trunk (along with various other pool/beach toys) for next guests. I just supply a foot pump.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com