The things a guest does ..........

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh lordy! As Mols said, you do wonder how some people manage to get through life.

Now, a question. Do any of you supply yoga mats? Or am I right to be slightly taken aback by being asked that question by incoming guests.

Mousie (who failed in her search to find somewhere that hired them)
x
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Don't they have their own? I mean, we don't supply golf-clubs, go-karts, sailboards, ponies, or other sports and fitness kit. Unless you advertise yourself as a yoga retreat, Mousie, I would suggest you gently tell them no.

That's heading towards "de trop".

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

What do you mean you don't supply ponies? Surely you have a selection somewhere for people to choose? :lol:

For me, there is a hygiene issue for yoga mats. I would bring my own or, given that they are cheap, buy one if I so wanted. The thought of using one used by previous guests, especially in a hot country...

Our latest call was to say they couldn't fine the UK TV channels on our cable tv network. I had to gently point out that a) it's illegal to stream UK TV and b) 80% of our guests are from non-UK countries who have no interest in Love Island or Corrie.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Mouse wrote: Do any of you supply yoga mats? Or am I right to be slightly taken aback by being asked that question by incoming guests.
Where exactly are you advertising...? :shock: :shock:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:lol: :lol: I'm just advertising as a normal rental villa. Honest! No mention of yoga (or sports come to that) so not sure why the guest thinks I would supply them! I thought it was an odd requests, even for here.

I can see why they wouldn't want to try and pack a yoga mat....but was baffled as to why they thought it would be offered by us.

Having looked they're quite expensive to buy, and no one hires them out. So, the answer will have to be no.

Mousie
x
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Mouse wrote:
Now, a question. Do any of you supply yoga mats? Or am I right to be slightly taken aback by being asked that question by incoming guests.

x
well actually yes we have one! In our games room together with a foam one that you can use for camping; lots of beach mats - obviously - as well. Oh and some inflatable bed ones that you shouldnt use in the sea.

What else do you need as we probably have it?

VT
Martha

Post by Martha »

I've been asked this and I do actually have a spare yoga mat. So I've lent it out a few times - I have one that wipes clean easily. No-one has ever actually used it, :lol: I know because I roll and tie it in a particular way. I think if you really want to do yoga while you are away, you get a light travel mat.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
LotBoy47

Why Do Guests...

Post by LotBoy47 »

... Give a low location score in their review despite making it clear on all our booking platforms that we are way, way out in the sticks and the nearest (tiny, sporadically open) shop is 6-7 minutes drive away. We actually make a big deal of how rural and peaceful the place is.

It’s rural SW France. If you want to be able to walk to a bakery or the village shop in under an hour, rent a property in a village; not a gite in an old farm complex so tucked away that some of the locals don’t know where we are.