Do you get fed up..............

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Running Chrissy

Post by Running Chrissy »

GillianF wrote:J

I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting this chap but have a dread that he will cap it all by being a late arrival and goodness knows what else he'll come up with …………………………

As I said before - he will wait a while before I send his damages deposit back but sincerely hope there is no reason to keep some or all of it.
How did you get on Gillian? Was he ok in the end?
Making a start in North Cornwall 🌊
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Funny you should ask because he continued to be a PITA.

I have the ongoing saga on the 'Managing Your Property' section here under asking for cleaning advice. If you have nothing better to do you might like to read with a cup of coffee - or stiff drink.

I knew they'd be trouble. They were. They still are …………..

And, reading back through this thread Fleur seems to have had the same experience and refers to it in her post of 7th August.
Running Chrissy

Post by Running Chrissy »

Aargh! Nightmare, what an absolute PITA and time consuming too. Hope it all get sorted soon.
Making a start in North Cornwall 🌊
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Cleaning of the mattress has worked out quite well. The stain is barely visible. The mattress cover is clean and the towel has come clean. The stain on the duvet is only just visible.

I have suggested the guest donate the electronic game which he says is not his to a charity shop. I'm sending their damages deposit back on Monday less the cost of extra laundry and my time. I will wait then for something to hit the fan!

I'm fairly confident I can counter any 'issues' they may raise and have not charged for a broken garden chair, cleaning of the barbeque and broken skimmer flap as I could have done so that will work in my favour, I hope.

But, all in all, this has caused me time and worry I don't need. Hey ho!
chipiechoo

Post by chipiechoo »

Pleased for you Gillian that this awful saga is drawing to an end and overall you have managed to correct most of the problems, draining to say the least.
Out of interest what method did you use to clean the mattress, was it the hydrogen peroxide as others suggested?
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

The lady in my laundry service (a wizard I have worked with for 15 years or more) gave me a little bottle of professional cleaning liquid which she patch-tested on the stain on the duvet cover. It says it removes tea, coffee, wine, grass, red fruit juice, ink and felt tip.

I was told to damp the mattress stain with a cloth and use the liquid sparingly and rub with a soft brush then rinse with water. I did all this and although I could quickly see an improvement the 'edge' of the stain which was the darkest area was still quite visible. I persisted for a while and it did look better. I left it for a couple of days to dry. When I checked back it is hardly visible. I know it's there but I don't think it would leap out to anyone else. The laundry lady did say I could have another go with the hydrogen peroxide or bicarbonate of soda in warm water. I gather the key with stains is not to 'fix' them in. As it is I don't think I'll fiddle any more with it all as the rubbing has started to cause the fibres of the mattress to 'fluff' which might eventually be more obvious than a residual stain.
chipiechoo

Post by chipiechoo »

Many thanks GillianF