Advertising on Google Maps

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Manclass

Advertising on Google Maps

Post by Manclass »

Hi..
I'm not very computer literate but as my villa is so hard to find I've managed to place it on Google Maps.
I now see that you can actually advertise on Google maps too, this I wasn't aware of.
I cant find any information about costs to do this...
Can anybody advise how much the subscription or commission is and if its very difficult to set up.
At the moment I'm advertising with HomeAway, Holiday Lettings and Spain-Holiday and due to the Spain-Holiday take over I'm now not happy with any of them .
Thanks in advance .
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I am not sure what you mean by advertising on Google maps but you can place information about your villa on Google maps by setting up a Google my business account, which will allow you to add information regarding your villa to Google maps. It's free. Have a look at https://www.google.com/intl/ALL_sg/business/
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Looks interesting, I could get somebody to do a website for me so I can be contacted directly , is this correct ?
If this is the case I'm surprised nobody mentions it, especially when everybody seems to be fed up with the big company websites such as HomeAway, maybe I've got it wrong and its not an advertising solution that can be used instead?
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Why not set up your own website with Promote my Place. It’s really simple and designed for none techies you do their own site. I can pm you a discount code an we would both get £10 of a years fee (which is less than £80 a year)
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

This thread may be relevant to you Manclass?

viewtopic.php?t=28111&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

At the time we didn't really get to the bottom of how or when google displays properties. It seems to have linked up with quite a few of the OTAs.

Just had a look to see how google is currently displaying my cottage. It seems to think it is a hotel now. Not sure why. Also I don't think the google reviews can be trusted. I have 3 reviews and 2 of them came from people who have never been near the cottage!