Abritel

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
leon

Abritel

Post by leon »

I answered an enquirer last week. Unusually and for the first time, no copy was sent to myself.Is this omission serious? Could our enquiries be being lost?
Has anybody else had this problem?
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

The HomeAway system, of which Abritel is a part, seem to have changed so that you do not receive a copy of your reply made via the Dashboard.
Nothing to worry about I am sure.
What would Plato do ?
leon

Post by leon »

I have now received a message "Below is a copy of the email you sent, for your records." which is not the same email I sent sometime ago - but at least it refers to my property.
More worrying is the fact that I just received a message confirming a booking I never made for a bungalow in Belgium: address and tel n° of owner provided. Same dates as for the booking in my property (in France).
Does this mean that the hopeful visitor to the bungalow in Belgium will not receive any confirmation? My guess is "yes".
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

That does sound as though either your account has been compromised somehow or the Abritel system has confused you and another member/client.
I would contact the customer support message system.
What would Plato do ?
leon

Post by leon »

I think my account has been compromised because the Abritel system has confused me with another member/client.
I don't have a persecution complex so I think this is probably happening to other owners.
Cotto

Post by Cotto »

It doesn't look as a compromised account to me, it looks mostly like a software bug, a programming error. Probably two properties have been mixed. It could happen if they have the same ID after they merged with another website (they are part of HA). Or the same booking ID has been assigned to different properties. It wouldn't surprise me based on a few incredible "solutions" they implemented for adapting the different databases. Like the one that for years you had to write the word "Wi-Fi" in any text area, because checking "Wi-Fi" option did not work so guests wouldn't find you (I hope they fixed that). This hilarious "feature" was reported in this forum too.