Spain-Holiday.com has new owners

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
CSE

Spain-Holiday.com has new owners

Post by CSE »

reading this
https://www.eturbonews.com/249699/spain ... new-owners
It would seem that
This change will not affect the normal activity of Spain-Holiday.com
but
Now, the four owners of Spain-Holiday.com will focus on providing the platform user with a unique experience when renting out or booking a holiday home in Spain, consolidating its activity in the tourism industry and setting up future expansion plans.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

bugger. Thats not good news, its the only decent large OTA that hasn't gone the way of the others left and the only one I advertise on now.............
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Oh no, not good news at all. They are the best advertisers I have ever used, excellent service and always willing to help when needed.
gunnyandbob

spain-holiday.com

Post by gunnyandbob »

Oh no, could well be bad news. I was communicating with them recently and got a gut feeling this was in the offing. The name of the owner had disappeared from the site information. Guess he's built it up and pocketed the gains.I won't have anything to do with the American style of running sites, pure greed at work.
Does anyone know who's the new owner?
Casa Montana

Spain Holiday

Post by Casa Montana »

Hi all,

I was thinking about jumping back onboard with spain holiday.

What subscription level do people find works best for them??

Thanks

Carl
Marks

Post by Marks »

Standard. Happy with the enquiries and bookings. The enhanced listings are, IMHO, not worth the money.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
gunnyandbob

Spain holiday

Post by gunnyandbob »

When they introduced the three tier subscription we stayed on the cheapest. And our enquiries crashed, we went down to only 2 new customer bookings, the rest were repeats. We selected a temporary promotion in the rankings and we got two bookings in the next 24 hours.
And, the most expensive subscription limits the number of bookings annually.

Tells a story doesn't it?

Tells me the three tier system is a massive price rise.
volcano

Post by volcano »

Too bad, too bad - recently you can no longer exchange e-mail addresses and when entering the booking automatically comes US phone number. :( :mrgreen:
volcano

Post by volcano »

Hi all
I had a drop of max. 30% expected. I was on a standard subscription all the years and very satisfied with it.
but now I see a decline of a good 50 - 70% compared to the previous year.
Anyone else in the group with the same experience? did someone upgrade? and succeeded?
Or is there the Brexit, Corona Virus, bankruptcy of Thomas Cook and various airlines behind it?
Gazpacho

Post by Gazpacho »

I have the most expensive listing but last year it did not produce results and I probably won't renew it.

The uncertainty over Brexit certainly didn't help either for 2019 and 2020 bookings.

As for this year, because of the coronavirus I'm expecting some cancellations and no new bookings, at least for the foreseeable future.
volcano

Post by volcano »

Gazpacho wrote:I have the most expensive listing but last year it did not produce results and I probably won't renew it.

The uncertainty over Brexit certainly didn't help either for 2019 and 2020 bookings.

As for this year, because of the coronavirus I'm expecting some cancellations and no new bookings, at least for the foreseeable future.
Thanks Gazpacho for your explanation - doesn't look good for this year. Are you also on other lists and do you have there the same experience?
Gazpacho

Post by Gazpacho »

volcano wrote: Thanks Gazpacho for your explanation - doesn't look good for this year. Are you also on other lists and do you have there the same experience?
Yes, we're on Airbnb (which is useless for us) and Homeaway, which provides most of our bookings, but things have fallen off a cliff in the last few weeks.
Marks

Post by Marks »

For me the key statistic to see how SH is performing is the 'displayed in search' as it is indicative of visits to their site. In January that figure was down 59% v January 2019.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
volcano

Post by volcano »

Marks wrote:For me the key statistic to see how SH is performing is the 'displayed in search' as it is indicative of visits to their site. In January that figure was down 59% v January 2019.
Mine was down in Jan 60% and Feb 70% v 2019
Vera

Post by Vera »

Mine were down by 60 and 70% as well.
I have renewed on a commission basis as one listing actually cost more than the one week booking in winter it generated, even on standard level.

The previous owner Claus is re launching Campaya.com which was a world wide version of SH. We have listed there since the beginning, not with much success but once a listing is running I normally keep them updated.
It has changed from pay per enquiry to commission basis.