To be in a National Park or just outside?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
pinkpeggysue

To be in a National Park or just outside?

Post by pinkpeggysue »

Hi Newbie here, hoping to buy holiday cottage in a National Park... but a gorgeous property has come up for sale just outside (maybe 8 miles) the boundary so it's obviously a great deal cheaper! It's the Peak District to be precise.

I tend to think that it won't matter in terms of bookings but hubbie thinks that holidaymakers will want to be actually IN the National Park itself when looking where to stay in the Peak District.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
jafa

Post by jafa »

If its any help, my place in Austria is part of the Kitzbuhel ski area. It makes my blood boil when other properties are advertised miles away, but have Kitzbuhel in the description, just to attract more visitors. So it goes on all the time, just have the NP mentioned in your location, and Im sure you`ll be fine.
Jafa
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I'm about half a mile outside the Snowdonia National Park by road and 100 yds if you slog up the (very steep) footpath!

I describe myself as being right on the edge
Mike&Chrissy

Post by Mike&Chrissy »

Difficult to say without knowing the actual locations. After all, Sheffield is just outside the Peak District :D . My pennyworth is that it would depend what else was nearby. If the 8 miles means you are some distance away from the usual attractions, then it might be a problem, but if it offers other options, it won't be. Our cottage is in a seaside town about 10 miles from the South Downs National Park, so we can offer the park as well as the seaside.