Booking.com - guest not answering our messages

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
chaletgirl

Booking.com - guest not answering our messages

Post by chaletgirl »

Help Please! We have a booking starting on Friday from B.Com
Because we are new to B.Com we don't yet get to see the credit card details of the guests and have to contact them with a link where they can pay us directly. This has been okay up to now with guests paying deposits and balances but this guest is not replying even after a couple of reminders that payment is due.
On our B.com console it states that we we are not yet authorised to see the credit card details but that these have been checked by B.Com.
My question is: has anyone experienced what happens If the guests continue to ignore our messages and then don't show up?
Thank you
CSE

Post by CSE »

Personally we did not experience this. Never been blocked by Booking.
I would suggest you talk to the Booking, on the phone not via any electronic chat.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
hydroland2

Post by hydroland2 »

I'm starting to wonder if there's something weird going on with b.com this year. Every booking I've had through them this year it has been a total nightmare to make contact with the guests. I've had no reply to messages on their system at all and have eventually been able to get through to them on the phone, but it's a pain having to spend the extra time chasing them. One gentleman told me he had been receiving strange messages several times a day through their system and had complained. And all of the guests thought they had already made a payment to b.com. I haven't heard this before from guests, maybe something has changed on the site when they make a booking?
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

hydroland2 wrote:I'm starting to wonder if there's something weird going on with b.com this year.
You're not the only one.

We now have noticed that the auto-generation of our property description (which is taken from our amenities list) has produced the following wonderful opening paragraph:
Featuring garden views, it provides accommodation with a patio and a kettle
I contacted BC to ask them if our description could be remade. Their answer was to 'just remove the fact that you have a kettle from the amenities list, and then the problem will be solved'.
:shock:
dixeady

Post by dixeady »

Featuring garden views, it provides accommodation with a patio and a kettle
I contacted BC to ask them if our description could be remade. Their answer was to 'just remove the fact that you have a kettle from the amenities list, and then the problem will be solved'.
:shock:[/quote]

I had the same experience. The B.com descriptive text made no sense and led with 'Featuring a dvd player'! When I phoned, they just told me to take out the dvd from amenities. I mean who goes to southern Spain to watch some old dvds?!
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

I had the same experience. The B.com descriptive text made no sense and led with 'Featuring a dvd player'! When I phoned, they just told me to take out the dvd from amenities. I mean who goes to southern Spain to watch some old dvds?!

I followed their advice and removed 'kettle' from the amenities list last Friday. I have just checked our description again and it's still there! I did a hard reset on the web page but it didn't help. I give up....
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

I had similar issues as they suggested we were in the town but we are 3 miles out. This did change the description to what I requested but the rest of the description still sucks.

I also find guests do not reply, I usually send an SMS or even call to make sure they pay.
Vera

Post by Vera »

Back to guests not replying to messages... I had a future guest who I did not receive a reply from two messages I sent.
The guest arrived at the weekend, turns out he has a gite in France and also advertises with B.com.
We had a lovely chat and he showed me the replies he had sent.
It turns out if he just hits reply on the web page I do not receive his msg. If we use the Pulse app it works ok.

I spent yesterday trying to convince B.com there is a problem but they will not look at it unless I can provide a screenshot from the guests PC of the msg he sent. I will speak with him but surely they could look at it without this?

If this was a guest who did not advertise with them I would be unhappy to ask for this screenshot.