DPE test when selling

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
bornintheuk

DPE test when selling

Post by bornintheuk »

I think I read somewhere but cannot confirm that when you sell a property which comprises a main house (maison principal) together with other property in the same location but are gites then it is only the main house which undergoes the DPE report.
Can anyone confirm this please ?
What would Plato do ?
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

The DPE carried out on for our property includes the main house and all 3 gites.
Circé

Post by Circé »

The DPE (Diagnostic Performance Energetique) concerns all buildings except those listed in article R.134-1 of the Code de la construction et de l'habitation. This says that gites are not exempt unless you can prove they are used for less than 4 months of the year.
Houses (or gites) which are are very small (under 50 sq m), or have no fixed form of heating other than an open chimney are exempt.
The DPE forms part of the whole DDT, Dossier de Diagnostic Technique, which also includes non-mains foul drainage, termites etc.
See for ex the Notaires de France website, here's the link to the relevant page in English
https://www.notaires.fr/en/property-surveys
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Circe, many thanks for that link.
We have had the survey done on all 3 properties so the cost is approx €500 x 3.
Even though we are exempt for the 2 gites under code R.134.1 section g we hope that the diagnostic on all properties will help convince any prospective purchaser that they are all meeting the requirements.
However with COVID-19 at the moment I dare say not much will be happening until the panic subsides. Not a great time to market a property. :?
What would Plato do ?