Updates to help with COVID-19 cancellations, and my email re

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Renaud2

Updates to help with COVID-19 cancellations, and my email re

Post by Renaud2 »

You've probably seen an email entitled "Updates to help with COVID-19 cancellations", and the new HomeAway policy.
I've replied to this email, but as I can't seem to find Jeff's personal email, for some strange reason, I've had to reply to a previous email from Rebecca Barton, who is apparently my 'Partner Success Manager'. No, seriously, that is her title!

My reply:

"Hi Rebecca, have just read Jeff's e-mail about help with COVID-19 cancellations. How about you offer a partial or complete refund on paid ads to property owners who are possibly looking at an income from their ads this year of 0%? This would really show that 'Jeff' was sincere about 'reaching out'. Also, as a gesture of solidarity, perhaps 'Jeff' could tell us that he will forego his salary this year?
Chances of you doing either of these things? 0%
Doesn't look like I'll be renewing my ads with you next year.

Service fees now at 10% or more.
Credit card charges at 3%.
'Advanced Payments' (more accurately known as 'delayed payments') still not implemented, and probably never will be.
HomeAway undermining owners refund policies, by communicating direct with guests and encouraging them to ask for refunds.
Hey, what's not to like about HomeAway these days?

John."

Unlikely to get a reply I know. Anyone else like to post an email they've sent to 'Jeff', or to your very own 'Partner Disaster Manager'?
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

It may make you feel better for about 5 minutes but we all know that this US corporate megalith with huge debts will stuff us as much as it feels it can get away with; and then some.
What would Plato do ?
Renaud2

Post by Renaud2 »

I know what you mean 'bornintheuk'. But if nobody reacts to them they simply see this as the green light to push further.
What is frustrating is that there seems to be hardly anyone on this forum any more. So it's difficult to try to get other people to "reach out" to HomeAway/VRBO.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Renaud2 wrote:I know what you mean 'bornintheuk'. But if nobody reacts to them they simply see this as the green light to push further.
Letters are not going to make any difference at all. The only thing that will make them change is if they see significant numbers actually start to leave their platform.
b_javea

Re: Updates to help with COVID-19 cancellations, and my emai

Post by b_javea »

Renaud2 wrote:You've probably seen an email entitled "Updates to help with COVID-19 cancellations", and the new HomeAway policy.
I've replied to this email, but as I can't seem to find Jeff's personal email, for some strange reason, I've had to reply to a previous email from Rebecca Barton, who is apparently my 'Partner Success Manager'. No, seriously, that is her title!

My reply:

"Hi Rebecca, have just read Jeff's e-mail about help with COVID-19 cancellations. How about you offer a partial or complete refund on paid ads to property owners who are possibly looking at an income from their ads this year of 0%? This would really show that 'Jeff' was sincere about 'reaching out'. Also, as a gesture of solidarity, perhaps 'Jeff' could tell us that he will forego his salary this year?
Chances of you doing either of these things? 0%
Doesn't look like I'll be renewing my ads with you next year.

Service fees now at 10% or more.
Credit card charges at 3%.
'Advanced Payments' (more accurately known as 'delayed payments') still not implemented, and probably never will be.
HomeAway undermining owners refund policies, by communicating direct with guests and encouraging them to ask for refunds.
Hey, what's not to like about HomeAway these days?

John."

Unlikely to get a reply I know. Anyone else like to post an email they've sent to 'Jeff', or to your very own 'Partner Disaster Manager'?

LOVE IT!
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Well I am still here....how do u check on ha that you don't have autorenewal switched on. I am sure I turned it off, just looked on app and desktop version I cannot see it. Any tips appreciated. Keep well
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Edit...found it, under account details. I also deleted my cc details just in case.