Booking.com cancellation

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
susanm

Booking.com cancellation

Post by susanm »

Hi - how do i cancel a booking on b.com without penalty to guest or host. Their help topics don't help as it gives you to process but doesn't confirm whether following the process will result in charges. I need to cancel a booking of a traveller from Kuwait (we are in scotland and, as of yesterday, we have been advised to close by the government). Booking.com covid-19 policy hasn't been updated in light of this and we are a bit in limbo. I have never cancelled a booking under normal circumstances so not sure how to do it whilst waiving the fee to the guest and not being charged commission myself. Thanks.
hydroland2

Post by hydroland2 »

I just clicked the "request to cancel" button and ticked the box that said "guest has requested to cancel". Then I send a message via the website to b.com with the reservation number and saying it was a coronavirus cancellation.
For the 2 I've cancelled so far I had an email from b.com later in the day with a link to the cancelled booking showing no fees are due. I've screenshotted that as there doesn't seem to be any other way to get to that screen from the website.
Not sure what's going to happen with today's though as I've said I'm not refunding (out of refund agreement period and I am going to be very low on funds soon). So not sure whether this is classed as "fees" by b.com or not.