Lockdown on/off till 2021

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
costa-brava

Lockdown on/off till 2021

Post by costa-brava »

I have tracked down the "scientific advice" that looks like what the UK government is following. Pages 14-16 talk about the interim period while we wait for a vaccine. It's going to be one month on, two months off or maybe the reverse. Either way travel and holidays are dead in the water till 2022.
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperi ... 3-2020.pdf
dixeady

Post by dixeady »

That's not a fun read! But well done for tracking it down. Thanks.
Tremewan

Post by Tremewan »

Thanks for posting. I've read all 20 pages! It's a bit dry but very readable. Should be required reading for everyone on this site - might make some people more realistic about their prospects. Yes, you're right, the report's conclusion is basically "let's shut up shop until 2022".
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Yes, I found it very interesting as well. Thank you.

I don’t think there is going to be a light switch moment though. At some point in the future there will be a reasonable (possibly growing) number of people who will have immunity (whether or not this is lifelong immunity is yet to be determined).

Tests will enable the identification of people who have even been so mildly affected they may not realise they have been carriers, but they are now immune.

I doubt those people will accept being told to stay at home, so some movement of people may be possible before a vaccine is widely developed.
Hopefully 2021 will be the turnaround year, not 2022