Suspending/reactivating Orange home internet

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
ginelli

Suspending/reactivating Orange home internet

Post by ginelli »

Hi all,

I would like to suspend my Orange internet at my property in France. I haven't done so in a few years. The last time I did it I had to send a letter to Orange to request this (what a pain). Then, when I wanted to reactivate it, I had to call them. My question is, has this process become easier to do and if so, what is it? Can it now be done over the internet or by phone, for example?

FYI, this is my current set up:

- my property is residence secondaire
- my phone is deactivated. Only the internet is activated
- I currently pay €27.99 per month

Many thanks!
De l'audace, encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace (George-Jacques Danton)

www.hide-aways.com
Circé

Post by Circé »

This Orange contract is no longer available, so if you suspend it you will in effect be cancelling it.
Next time you want internet services you will have to look for another contract.
If you keep it on they have to keep it going, I have two clients doing that.
Other second home clients are using REDbySFR, which is a contract 'sans engagement' ie you don't have to stay with them for 12 or 24 months or whatever. But there is a set-up fee and a cancellation fee, so many have decided just to keep it running as it's cheaper if they use the house in Autumn and Spring, not just in the Summer. (Maybe not this year as nobody is coming out just yet!)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have a contrat sans engagement with Orange.fr . I can't find the right place in my espace client to cancel it.
Anyone help?
atiley

Re: Suspending/reactivating Orange home internet

Post by atiley »

I have been getting wi fi via an Orange SIM in something called an air box that I bought from Orange.This was 14,99 euros a month for a year. However, Orange have now increased the monthly charge to 34,99 a month. As the house is empty for long periods and I live in the UK, this is simply not affordable for me. Does anyone have any ideas about how to get wi fi cheaper? Someone did mention Lebara to me and this included being able to pause the account periodically.

Thanks,

Andrew