Key workers - charge or no charge?

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
barbersdrove

Key workers - charge or no charge?

Post by barbersdrove »

From this evening anyone staying in a hostel/hotel/B&B/Self catering must be a key worker.

We have agreed with the contractors who are in now that they will leave after work today. I will now use it for a key worker and have a list of people asking how much.

We will qualify for the hospitality grant announced a few days ago so will hopefully not be out of pocket. (refunded 800 this morning)

In light of that are we to offer it free? I can't find the info anywhere
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Hi
Have you had confirmation you will receive the hospitality grant? If so, how did it come to you and from where?
My understanding is the local authorities won’t receive direction until April and they will contact businesses direct then.
It would be good to know if this might happen earlier so help with managing existing bookings that cannot go ahead
hydroland2

Post by hydroland2 »

zebedee wrote:Hi
Have you had confirmation you will receive the hospitality grant? If so, how did it come to you and from where?
My understanding is the local authorities won’t receive direction until April and they will contact businesses direct then.
It would be good to know if this might happen earlier so help with managing existing bookings that cannot go ahead
Also interested in this. My local council's website says that distribution of the grant is "at their discretion" and they will be looking at potential cases in the coming weeks. I'm not holding my breath.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Where are you Hydroland2?
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

The gov info says they will contact us and as we are a properly registered business paying commercial rates (although they zero it currently) with proper accounts it says do nothing they will contact us and im fully expecting that to be the case as we will have ost a substantial amount.

My query was more about charging the key worker. I wondered if they need to be here and do not already live here, would be put up by whoever has requested they relocate and if they pay or the government. If the latter then there would presumably not be a charge.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

to update you. My local Authority have sent me the letter telling me how to claim. I didn't do anything recontacting them previous to this. It was a very quick process done online in a few minutes. All you need is your business rates bill with the reference numbers on and a pic of your bank account header showing the details your name and address.

Just read the Gov's guide to Local Authorities on how to administer it and it looks like they could be paying out the grant very quickly.