Official. Sykes is a Great Company

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Stewart

Official. Sykes is a Great Company

Post by Stewart »

There is something very odd going on at Trustpilot where the volume of very recent 5 star reviews for cuddly old Mrs Sykes is frankly amazing.

Are ordinary folks doling out five star gratitude because they can now only shift their breaks forward and pay even more money to do so or they must be enthused that a cash refund is not on the cards at all?

It seems that for every recent 1 star (there are a lot) there is a 5 star review popping out to compensate. Lets put it this way. A lot of people are obviously delighted with not only losing the holiday they have booked, as well as denied meaningful dialogue with the company and being stung out of the money they have paid. I'm not sure that would put a smile on my face.

A cynic may conclude that Sykes need the booked cash to stay afloat for a while to sack the call centre staff and maybe pay the exec team and board a "performance dividend" before it all goes tits up.

I have my doubts that Trustpilot are cementing good rep either.
Last edited by Stewart on Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

The 5* reviews are all “verified” ie (it explains when you click on the word) reviews invited or uploaded by Sykes.

Probably in response to reading the Facebook page that are currently fighting them for fair treatment.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Or maybe call centre staff creating "verified" ratings instead of answering the phones. The world may run out of hotmail and gmail addresses!
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Exactly my point! :D
Tremewan

Post by Tremewan »

Something really strange happened. I received an automated email from a bathroom supplier I had used asking me to leave a review on Trustpilot. I gave them a glowing five star review - and then said that people should be wary of Trustpilot reviews, citing the whole Sykes debacle!