Wix or Weebly... or neither?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Tremewan

Wix or Weebly... or neither?

Post by Tremewan »

Apologies if this topic is covered elsewhere but I intend to spend some lockdown time creating a website. While not entirely new to this, (I built a site for a small business I had several years ago), I am out of touch with modern tools. What do others use? Wix and Weebly both seem popular, and easy to get started with. I've read some reviews and Wix generally seems to come out on top (Weebly is accused of being outdated). Or am I looking in altogether the wrong area?

Who do people recommend for hosting? Net Nerds seem to have some decent packages but are tied in with Weebly. If I build a site using Wix could I host it on Net Nerds, for instance?

So many questions. If anyone has answers, or other suggestions, I'd value your thoughts. Thank you.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Promote my place do a dedicated template for holiday let’s. Many of us use it.
It’s quick and easy and very little cost. About £70 a year but if you PM me I will give you a discount code saving you £10.

You can add to and amend the site as you please.
peyre blanque

Weebly

Post by peyre blanque »

Our site is weebly based - the basic package. Take a look and you can judge for yourself - it does what we want it to.

Good luck whichever way you swing
Tremewan

Re: Weebly

Post by Tremewan »

Peyre Blanque wrote:Our site is weebly based - the basic package. Take a look and you can judge for yourself - it does what we want it to.
Thanks, but should there be a link for me to follow?
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

The link is in the the www box!

If you would like to create your own Wordpress website then have a look at this https://vacationsoup.com/vacation-soup- ... te-plugin/

I used Alan Egan's previous set of lessons to build a holiday vacation website using Wordpress and can recommend. If you search on Wordpress, Promote My Place etc in this forum you can find lots of old posts which discuss the pros and cons of the various different ways to create a website. I actually think that the content is the most important thing, so spend time on your words and pictures whatever method you choose.