Waste Management companies

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
rotaman

Waste Management companies

Post by rotaman »

Does any one know a good waste management company, now that am on business rates I have to sort waste removal, I did go to a local company who provide large bins but they won't take general waste unless it's separated, think you know what general waste guest leave after there stay, and I take up to 3 dogs, my let is in North Wales, Rotaman
canal boating 'the fastest way to slow down'
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

We use Ash Waste in Chester - they seem to cover North Wales. They've been OK and we don't need to separate waste - they sort it at the depot, which makes it very simple for guests. https://www.ashwasteservices.co.uk/
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
rotaman

Post by rotaman »

Thanks for the info Joanna will look them up.

Rotaman
Lamb

Waste Management Companies

Post by Lamb »

We are based in Shropshire (so, not too far away) and for some years we used Biffa/Veolia. But we had the same sorting problem you describe.
Then Shropshire council offered us a "Schedule 2 Waste" collection service. It's just the same as the domestic collection our neighbours have, but we do not need to sort it. If our guests use the recycling boxes they are emptied free. It works well for us and costs us £250 per year... which is slightly less than the commercial quotation.
I wonder if a similar service is available in your area?
rotaman

Post by rotaman »

I'll look into that 'Lamb' sound good to me, if the my council is as understanding as they are in Shropshire.
hydroland2

Post by hydroland2 »

We changed to Ash Waste services after reading the earlier post. It costs us £168 for 50 trade waste sacks which they collect weekly as and when we put them out. No sorting required, everything goes in the sack. Works much better for us, as we don't know from one week to the next exactly how much waste there will be, so putting the sacks out when we need to is much better. (You can have bins, but there was a standard weekly charge for those and they were much bigger than we needed).
It did take them a while to set up because the problem we have is most waste companies say our lanes are too narrow - even though we have huge agricultural vehicles, quarry trucks and low loaders along here with no problem - but they sorted us out eventually.