Returning guests

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
leon

Returning guests

Post by leon »

Returning guests have enquired through the original site they booked through. I am slightly surprised - or is this what often happens? In my experience returning guests have always booked directly (they have our contact details of course).
Do other owners find this (enquiries through the original site) happens frequently?
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

No - they book direct.
Do you accept credit cards? Maybe they want to pay by card. Or perhaps they think it's more "secure"?
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I have this with returning guests sometimes, but not often as they already have our contact details. As SPJ says, they may think that it is more "secure" or "correct" to make contact through the agency.
Tremewan

Post by Tremewan »

Yes, sometimes happen to us - I always wonder why, as our contact details are prominently displayed in our cottages (and we put business cards out)! Only explanation I can see is the notion of agencies being more secure - although with the recent (and ongoing) Sykes and cottages.com debacle over refunds I hope this will become less of an issue in future.