Help please. Messages stuck in my outbox?

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
SPJ

Help please. Messages stuck in my outbox?

Post by SPJ »

Am I doing something wrong? I have four messages stuck in my outbox. So I'm assuming they have not been sent and the people I'm messaging have not received them.
I'd welcome some help / suggestions what to do please. Thanks. Sue
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

I think it means that they haven't been read. When they have been they move to Sent Items.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks Richard.
petemcveigh

Post by petemcveigh »

Sue, it does mean they have not been sent.
There can be various reasons for this- e-mails with large files attached (e.g. photos) can take a while to send, internet connection can be down (although as you are on-line this is unlikely) or (probably most likely) there can be a problem with your e-mail service.
Problems with e-mail service can be a temporary issue at 'their' end (for example I would get this for a day once every couple of months with BTinternet) and will come good. It can affect either just incoming or just outgoing mail but it is always worthwhile checking if you are getting mail coming in because that will confirm that you are actually logged in to your mail account.
I would re-boot your computer, try a couple of test mails in and out and then give it a few hours in case it is an issue at the e-mail provider's end.
If still not working try logging out and back in to your e-mail account, also try their web-based access if they have it to verify your account.
" Do I really look like a guy with a plan?"
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Hi Pete, thanks for your reply, but I'm not talking about my ordinary email, but the message boxes here on LMH. No attachments, just four short messages - two sent yesterday, two sent back in April, still languishing.
Don't quite understand why they haven't been picked up by the LMH recipients since I'm replying to them.
farley

Post by farley »

Hi SPJ
I've just pm'd you. My message is currently in my Outbox.

Interestingly I sent a pm to another LMHer back in early May and havnt heard back from him. So i'd be interested to hear if you receive mine.
Thank you :)
Elizabeth
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Yes got yours. Thanks. This is new for me, so I'll try and sort out access to my google docs.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Hi Farley, I've just changed my settings on google docs to "anyone can see" - so hopefully you can now open it. I'd be grateful if you could let me know if it's worked. Thanks Sue
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

RichardHenshall wrote:I think it means that they haven't been read. When they have been they move to Sent Items.
Thanks Richard - you're right. The two from yesterday have moved. The ones from April are still there, so I guess the person I was sending to never realised he had a private message to read. Anyway, I've deleted the old ones. :)
farley

Post by farley »

Thanks very much SPJ
I’ve managed to open the document.
I’m very impressed with the content, just the guidance I need.
:D
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Great, glad it's worked for you. I agree, I think they've done a good job thinking it through.