Cancelling Homeaway subscription??

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
shamac

Cancelling Homeaway subscription??

Post by shamac »

I am getting less and less bookings from this site and am just not happy with the way it is managed, when my subscription renews I think I will cancel, however I have a booking from them for next year, what happens to that booking? I'm guessing they won't let me contact that guest??
The harder you work, the luckier you get.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

If you already have a booking for next year then surely you are now in direct contact with that guest? In which case how can they stop you having contact? They have already had their cut of that transaction through your subscription for this year and whatever mark-up they put on that guest's rental price.
Unless I've completely misunderstood.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I've decided to go commission only with them.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Sam V wrote:I've decided to go commission only with them.
That's what I've done - means I keep my ad with all my reviews but I'm not paying them anything. :)
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Yes i have gone commission only on ha, I really did not like the way they operate either and I can see them getting worse, whatever they can get away with really.

I felt a bit nostalgic having been with them 20 years.