Headboard for zip and link bed

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Maryec

Headboard for zip and link bed

Post by Maryec »

My husband and I are in the process of buying a two bedroom cottage that we intend to let as a holiday cottage. One bedroom will have a king sized bed and the other bedroom will have a zip and link superking sized bed. I think metal beds would be in keeping with the style of the cottage (18th century timberframe), but for the zip and link bed I think it will need to be a divan bed. I was hoping therefore to find metal headboards for the divan bed but there don't seem to be many available. Does anyone have a superking zip and link divan with metal headboards, or a recommendation of where to look? In practice, would it look better to have fabric headboards? Thank you.
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

If they are of any use to you, we have 2 good quality, hardly used divan bases (which were a zip and link set), with matching (mid-brown) cloth headboards. 90 x 200cm. They are currently in a cottage, and don't look out of place.

We have recently moved, so surplus to requirement. The mattresses only went last week! If you can arrange collection, you are welcome to have them.

I have sent you a pm.
J B
Location: We live in England and have rental properties in N Wales and Paphos, Cyprus

Post by J B »

We have a room length headboard attached to the wall in our Welsh apartment.
There are probably photos on our STS website
Maryec

Post by Maryec »

Thank you, JB, I can see that works very well.