Cushions for pool loungers

For anything to do with the garden and pool
enid

Post by enid »

Fraid I ask guests to bring their own pool towels, and have never had a complaint about this.
We didn't provide them the first year and didn't have any complaints - but since we have provided them we have had loads of appreciative comments about what a boon this is when packing especially if you are coming by plane. Our French clients are thrilled that we provide them.

We provide pool cushions - Ju I bought them all on promo at Leclerc - still looking good after 3 seasons and I plan to recover them myself when they start looking sad - thick suitable material available on most markets.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I agree with Enid - I think the hypermarkets are probably the cheapest place to buy them now - they do some good quality ones compared to a few years ago. Places like Leroy Merlin are very expensive to buy them.

I don't provide pool towels unless asked - 95% of our guests arrive in cars. I've never had any complaints either - I haven't got the storage space for 48 more towels, although I keep about 20 for anyone who doesn't bring their own.
Our French guests often bring their own bath towels too, they are not accustomed to having everything provided for them by gite owners generally!
Ju

Post by Ju »

As soon as the summer ranges come in I shall be buying, but even assuming 20€ per cushion it is going to cost me 500€

Another question - what do people do about leaving the cushions out? Do the guests take them in at night? I know it will bug me if people leave the cushions out and it starts to rain. It isn't so bad for the other properties, but for the gite on site I have to stop myself getting in their washing if it starts to rain (in fact I did do it once!).

Ju
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ju, our cushions still look fine, though I did choose a practical colour with a bit of a pattern on it which disguises a certain amount of wear and tear. In the manual I do request that guests bring cushions in overnight or if out for the day - but how many people actually read this from cover to cover is anybody's guess. I suspect they just zero in on the restaurants page! So either the quality of the fabric made the difference, or we have been lucky and have had thoughtful guests on the whole.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I put all ours out in the morning, ask guests to put them in if it rains then put them in the pool shed at night. They are designed to withstand a certain amount of moisture, so don't worry too much.
Ju, you have so many loungers, do you have to buy cushions for each one? We only have around 14 loungers for 22 - 24 guests and I have never seen them being occupied all at once. The young children never use them as they are always in the pool, so they are mainly for the adults. I have never seen every guest staying on site at the pool at the same time and have never had a complaint that there are too few loungers. I'm sure you could get away with haveing 50% of cushions for your loungers, then buy a few more each year to avoid an enormous outlay all at once.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

the recliners are fine, and not everyone wants to be flat out at the same time.
or do they? I'm not a sun-worshipper. Well, for obvious reasons.
that's a point I always wondered about GG - do you have the same amount of sun loungers as guests or offer an alternative as a change. After taking a friends advice we went for 6 sunloungers and 4 stylish recliners (those Ikea rattan ones) plus an assortment of chairs and tables around & about. This year we're adding 4 steamer chairs (donated by our next door neighbour who moved!) to the roof terrace plus sofa
But then what would we talk about ...

we couldnt go a whole season without stains being mentioned
Ros...you are SO right! I am actually getting 'stain withdrawal' symptoms at the moment and have found myself looking longingly at the 'stain removal' section in my supermarket....no I don't think so either :lol: :lol:

Mouse (who - with the exception of the cat throwing up on Christmas Day...hasn't had to remove a single stain since October!)
X
x
Last edited by Mouse on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
enid

Post by enid »

In theory we take our pool cushions in at night - actually we hardly ever do so - they seem to dry out just fine and a quick sponge brings them back to form.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

who - with the exception of the cat throwing up on Christmas Day...hasn't had to remove a single stain since October!)
He only did it so you coould keep your hand in[so to speak]
:wink: you and cats that must make an interesting combination...
Whos the boss?? :wink: :roll:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

[quote]He only did it so you coould keep your hand in[so to speak] :lol: :lol:

Mmm thankfully Roz the hand remained clear - it was very nearly a foot though...and an unclad one at that :(

yes - my secrets out! I live with 3 cats (and a dalmation - but she's a breeze compared to those 3 :roll: )

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!