AA Covid Confident

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
newtimber

AA Covid Confident

Post by newtimber »

Has anyone completed the AA Covid-Confident Scheme?

How did you answer the question
If applicable, do you have a Covid awareness programme for staff?
I presume self-employed cleaners count as staff? The question seems to think that rather than providing a list of things for cleaners to do, one has to provide some sort of training course.

And how did you answer this question
"Have you implemented a range of procedures and measures that are bespoke to your business?"
Is cut and paste from various sources like PASC count as bespoke?
Norfolk Canary

Post by Norfolk Canary »

I had to google this as I was wondering what relevance Alcoholics Anonymous had in our situation. :D
Would I be correct in thinking this is something you have to pay for? If so, how much?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

It comes included if you join the AA inspection scheme rather than Visit England's.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Sorry Newtimber, I just did the Good to Go accreditation. Can’t help with AA. Is it worth having?

I do think they have tried to tailor all advice etc to suit all situations. Eg PASC guidance said ask your cleaner to sign at each changeover to say everything done. I would want that if an agency or team did the changeovers but seems OTT when you have your own regular cleaner.
(A bit of common sense is needed??)
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I believe the AA scheme is free to anyone to apply, as is the Visit England “Good to Go” scheme. The AA scheme requires more detailed information from the applicant.
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

I’m finding that drink more is helping me survive 2020. Do I get a badge?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

zebedee wrote: I do think they have tried to tailor all advice etc to suit all situations. Eg PASC guidance said ask your cleaner to sign at each changeover to say everything done.
For a regular cleaner, asking them to sign at the end of each clean is a complete waste of everyone's time and has no value at all.

After they've done one or 2, they'll just sign the boxes automatically without looking - exactly what I have ended up doing with all the accepting cookies on websites.