HA payout amount on email or web

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

HA payout amount on email or web

Post by Sam V »

Aghh, this is so frustrating!

I had an enquiry on Homeaway and then from the same (French) guest on Airbnb. Turns out Airbnb is a bit cheaper than HA and I've agreed to match the price of HA, they originally enquired for 14 nights but my calendar hadn't updated at that time and the full dates were not actually available but the guests were flexible to accept 12 nights.

But on the original email and on the HA platform they only show the full amount the guest is paying, no breakdown of what I can expect on payout. I cannot find any breakdown of the payments from guests and how much my payment would be if I accepted the booking. Surely the payments should be more transparent? Also, there seems to be so many inconsistent variations on enquiry emails from HA, or so it seems to me.

Maths is certainly not my forte so maybe I've just scourched my thought process for now and can't engage my head to calculate the best way to do this!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
newtimber

Re: HA payout amount on email or web

Post by newtimber »

Sam V wrote:Aghh, this is so frustrating!

I had an enquiry on Homeaway and then from the same (French) guest on Airbnb. Turns out Airbnb is a bit cheaper than HA and I've agreed to match the price of HA,
Did you mean to write that Airbnb is a bit more expensive? You need to work out your actual payout on the platforms and adjust your prices so that you get the same amount regardless of which platform the guest uses - Airbnb or HA.

For example, if you want to receive £100 and HA charge hosts 3% then you need to charge £100/(1-0.03) = £103.09

You put this price in your rental figure on HA and HA then add their guests fees and present it as a rental figure for the guest. Do the same with Airbnb and let the guest choose to book on the cheapest for them.

The guest service charge percentage varies so trying to match what the guest pays isn't going to work.