Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Track and Trace QR code
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There does appear to be some confusion whether this requirement of displaying the QR code poster applies to FHL owners.
To try to get a definitive answer I phoned the QR Code Support Office (Tel.0800 540 4900). The lady official I spoke to was not certain but because we are in the hospitality business she thought we should display it (a definite maybe). I also put my concerns to her about me possibly breaching GPDR if the NHS Track and Trace contacted me asking for details of guests staying in our FHL if there was a Covid 19 outbreak in our area and the guests, for whatever reason, had not scanned the T&T poster.
She stated that NHS Track and Trace only use the information from the T&T scan and no other source. No names are garnered from this process and they would not contact me to ask for names.
However this appears at variance with the Government Advice document;
Maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace
which state;
When information should be shared with NHS Test and Trace
NHS Test and Trace or Public Health Officers will ask for these records only where it is necessary. For example, if your premises has been identified as the location of a potential COVID-19 outbreak. You and your staff must not share this information with anyone else and respect individualsí privacy.

NHS Test and Trace will work with you, if contacted, to ensure that information is shared in a safe and secure way. You must share the requested information as soon as possible to help us identify people who may have been in contact with the virus and help minimise the onward spread of COVID-19.

The reality is it appears that the lady I spoke to did not know if we have to display this poster, did not know whether NHS Track and Trace will contact holiday home owners to ask for names if there is a Covid 19 outbreak in our area and did not know if we would breach GDPR if we gave T&T these names.

I am going to display this poster because the way I interpret the Government notices as FHL owners we have to (also I do not want to pay a whacking great £1000.00 fine for failure to do so).
greenbarn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of today the general interpretation from sources such as PASC of the QR code is that we are now obliged to display it.
Yes, itís pretty pointless as weíll all have collected the necessary information as part of the booking process, so guests donít need to scan the code.
Itís really a case of get the code, print it, display it, let guests decide if they want to use it, no problem if they donít, job done, tick box, avoid fine.
shamac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only ever collect lead bookers details (use airbnb), I have the QR code printed out, we are offsite so I have no way of knowing who has/hasn't scanned it.
Do I leave a piece of paper and ask for everyone's contact details then destroy it after 21 days? If the NHS come and ask me for those details am I legally obliged to give them them? What happens if the guests don't do it?
newtimber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shamac wrote:
I only ever collect lead bookers details (use airbnb), I have the QR code printed out, we are offsite so I have no way of knowing who has/hasn't scanned it.
Do I leave a piece of paper and ask for everyone's contact details then destroy it after 21 days? If the NHS come and ask me for those details am I legally obliged to give them them? What happens if the guests don't do it?

You only need to keep the lead booker's contact details for 21 days and legally you have to give them to Track And Trace if requested. I'm not sure whether Airbnb provide you with the guest's phone number - but you need it if they don't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> UK & Ireland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: