Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

CORONAVIRUS GRANT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norfolk Canary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received email from North Norfolk DC today with link to online claim form. Should be paid next week. Result!
ianh100

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that have been approved were you asked if you provided personal on site services? We answered no to this as other than cleaning between guests we have removed all personal contact as requested. Not sure why my council asked that question.
SusanMay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ianh100,

This is a similar question to the one mentioned in a PASC Facebook grant update post on Monday -

There is a question that many are asking how to answer, which is what is meant by 'Prior to this closure was this business providing an in-house service from your premises?"
We are checking with BEIS and think that this is less likely to be a way to find out if you are a remote owner, and invalidate your claim, and more likely just a business differentiation question, and that we were all providing an 'in-house' service, by the guest staying overnight, so nothing to do with the guest welcome. In which case ticking the box with a yes would then be OK.
Jonathan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norfolk Canary wrote:
Received email from North Norfolk DC today with link to online claim form. Should be paid next week. Result!

My local authority who paid up promptly the first time have set up a new on-line aaplication form but it doesn't recognise the address linked to the non-domesteic rates reference. I have put in the address on the bill they send and it doesn't work. I queried it with them and several days later have had no response, so this tiem I have copied in my MP.

Jonathan
ianh100

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My council have notified me saying we get the grant and should get payment in a few days.
zebedee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
Norfolk Canary wrote:

My local authority who paid up promptly the first time have set up a new on-line aaplication form but it doesn't recognise the address linked to the non-domesteic rates reference. I have put in the address on the bill they send and it doesn't work. I queried it with them and several days later have had no response, so this tiem I have copied in my MP.

Jonathan

The local authorities are under pressure to tackle fraudulent claims, hence the questions are much more searching this time and most areas are looking for a lot of supplementary evidence eg bank statements as well as websites. I hasten to add that I do not include you in this group. I was asked for the Business rate reference number - can you put that in? It might help. I doubt your MP can do anything - local authorities are separate, but it would probably help if you rang your local authority to explain your problem.
Jonathan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zebedee wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Norfolk Canary wrote:

Jonathan

The local authorities are under pressure to tackle fraudulent claims, hence the questions are much more searching this time and most areas are looking for a lot of supplementary evidence eg bank statements as well as websites. I hasten to add that I do not include you in this group. I was asked for the Business rate reference number - can you put that in? It might help. I doubt your MP can do anything - local authorities are separate, but it would probably help if you rang your local authority to explain your problem.

I understand that. I was asked for the business rate reference number, which I put in. The problem is that they don't think it matches the names of the properties on their bill. The trouble is that I have no idea what they do want. I can't get through to them on the telephone but I might have another go next week.

Thank you Jonathan
Jonathan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
zebedee wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Norfolk Canary wrote:

Jonathan

I understand that. I was asked for the business rate reference number, which I put in. The problem is that they don't think it matches the names of the properties on their bill. The trouble is that I have no idea what they do want. I can't get through to them on the telephone but I might have another go next week.

Thank you Jonathan

Well I finally got there, I hadn't realised that they had multiple addresses for us, one of which was the holiday lets. We don't actually have a 'business' account but use a normal personal joint account, so I'm hoping we dont' fall down there.

Given there is much less money involved this time, it seems a bit stable doorish to me.

BTW I have seperately asked my MP whether there ould be a relaxation of the 105 day rule this year. I know we won't make it. He said he would refer it to the Treasury - perhaps othe UK letters might do the same.

Jonathan
shamac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received notification from Northumberland Council that we will be receiving the grant in the next few days. Thank goodness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> UK & Ireland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: