Any availability?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Nigel Goodwin

Any availability?

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Not sure where to post this, but I have a friend who is in process of purchasing house, but needs somewhere in London area to live for a month or two. Holiday lets seem the obvious avenue. When I look on airbnb for flats, the reviews seem very variable.

£1000 or so per month?
CSE

Post by CSE »

How can he rent or move around when the country is in lock down?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lo ... leave-home
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

CSE wrote:How can he rent or move around when the country is in lock down?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lo ... leave-home
In your link above it says the following:

“ You are allowed to stay overnight away from your home if you:

- are visiting your support bubble
- are unable to return to your main residence
- need accommodation while moving house”
CSE

Post by CSE »

That is overnight not days/weeks/months.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

CSE wrote:That is overnight not days/weeks/months.

“Second homes and other private accommodation can be used to facilitate physical viewings of properties, preparing a property for sale and moving your belongings.”

“ Guest accommodation providers such as hotels, B&Bs and caravan parks may remain open for the specific reasons set out in law, including where guests are unable to return to their main residence, use that guest accommodation as their main residence, need accommodation while moving house, are self-isolating as required by law, or would otherwise be made homeless as a result of the accommodation closing. A full list of reasons can be found in the guidance on closing certain businesses and venues in England.”

I really don’t understand why you think none of us read or listen to the National guidance???? You have put up several links recently as though none of us are aware of what is happening. It is on our TVs and radios all day long. Maybe because you have seen small numbers (comparatively) of people prepared to travel during the summer and take ridiculous risks, but the vast majority of UK residents do not.
You might be interested to know that we in the UK get to see. Hear and read about our European cousins also ignoring rules and advice during this pandemic, so please don’t try and imply that it is one sided.
CSE

Post by CSE »

You read a lot into something that was never written.
In the first post I actually asked the question. Hence the question mark.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I think there are plenty of perfectly legitimate reasons to use holiday properties as teporary residence for a month or two. Say your AST has come to an end, and you or landlord don't want to extend for indefinite period. You want to purchase, but it will take a month or two, but you don't know exactly how long. So you want short term accommodation, flexible.

Perfectly within the lockdown guidelines.

I myself have let out holiday properties to people in this situation, I think they were between AST's.

The only thing to look out for is the tax situation.
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

There are serviced flats available on a monthly basis but as a rule of thumb they are double the price of normal ast flats. I get more than 1k pcm for a 1 bed in zone 6, on an ast.

Maybe ask local agents if they have any voids he could take.