Sykes Price Increase

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
apexblue

Sykes Price Increase

Post by apexblue »

Apols if mentioned before but Sykes have increased a nearby 2 bed cottage from 795pw high season to 2k pw.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Do let us know if they get any bookings - out of interest only. It’s immoral in my view and people won’t respect them or the property if they are being ripped off.

Cleaning prices have increased for remote owners a lot, but not enough to justify that.
Norfolk Canary

Post by Norfolk Canary »

Presumably this would have been at the request of the owner?
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Norfolk Canary wrote:Presumably this would have been at the request of the owner?
It may have been, but last summer owners on the Sykes angry customers Facebook pages were all denying knowledge that prices had been increased. They said it had been a unilateral decision by Sykes. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong as I’ve never had any dealings with them
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Sykes use dynamic pricing now. So if there's lots of demand and not much supply, the prices go up...
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

It's raising guest expectations crazily high though and they are likely to be disappointed if they are paying £2K for what is £800 accommodation.

That's likely to be reflected in the reviews
Drax

Post by Drax »

A FHL owner in our village is with Sykes and they have doubled the price of her holiday cottage to over a £1000.00 per week.
She has confided with me that she is very worried that guests will be disappointed with her accommodation because of the high rental rate and not worth the money. Also in turn may receive adverse comments from them.
It illustrates how awful it must be advertising with companies like Sykes and owners not being in control of their of the rental rates.
Keep your powder dry.