Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

HFD price increase

Rental listing sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipiechoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: HFD price increase Reply with quote

So this site has decided now is the right time to increase their prices on 'quick to book', well I would have thought it was the time to reduce it!
Sadly due to the current situation in France nobody is looking, so why would anybody do that in these times?
We haven't changed our prices for 5 years, only wish we could but it doesn't make sense. Suggest if others feel the same way please let HFD know, maybe they might change their mind.
bornintheuk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HFD are primarily a ferry company, Brittany Ferries and dont really have much interest in maintaining prices of their Instant booking system. They have probably lost a fair amount of money due to cancelled sailings and no Failing Grayling to bung them a couple of mill.
I dont think any Brits will be coming to France this year anyway.
SPJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just fine - our guests don't pay for it anyway. We do when we reimburse them. So it should be no deterrent to our guests and I have always found them to be an excellent organisation. My one grouch is that they are not open over the w/end when many people sit down to make their holiday decisions.
In fact I've already had enquiries from them for next year. I have NO expectation of business out of the UK this year. June lot have already moved on to next year, July, hanging on in there for the moment. I may get some enquiries from Europe via Vrbo from their translations of my UK site - I did last year.
Rental listing sites