HFD price increase

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
chipiechoo

HFD price increase

Post by chipiechoo »

So this site has decided now is the right time to increase their prices on 'quick to book', well I would have thought it was the time to reduce it!
Sadly due to the current situation in France nobody is looking, so why would anybody do that in these times?
We haven't changed our prices for 5 years, only wish we could but it doesn't make sense. Suggest if others feel the same way please let HFD know, maybe they might change their mind.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

HFD are primarily a ferry company, Brittany Ferries and dont really have much interest in maintaining prices of their Instant booking system. They have probably lost a fair amount of money due to cancelled sailings and no Failing Grayling to bung them a couple of mill.
I dont think any Brits will be coming to France this year anyway.
What would Plato do ?
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

I think it's just fine - our guests don't pay for it anyway. We do when we reimburse them. So it should be no deterrent to our guests and I have always found them to be an excellent organisation. My one grouch is that they are not open over the w/end when many people sit down to make their holiday decisions.
In fact I've already had enquiries from them for next year. I have NO expectation of business out of the UK this year. June lot have already moved on to next year, July, hanging on in there for the moment. I may get some enquiries from Europe via Vrbo from their translations of my UK site - I did last year.