Children and their associated problems.

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Yep - would say it's not appropriate for this family at this time (and probably not for the next 12 years as someone's going to fall into the unsuitable bracket, for a long long time! ) :lol:

But I'd send them the long text and then they can see why, and make a call.

For people who want to book and might be totally fine, I am thinking of many families I've known who come here and have a full day arranged for their kids every day - hiking, climbing, biking etc. and then come back, hot tub, supper and bed, tired out! The place could work well for these families, and has done in the past, it is what a lot of people come here for.

But also we do get families who want to have a relaxed holiday mainly in the garden with a little light walking and some cable car rides, with the idea that the kids will amuse themselves in the garden and (especially) the hot tub. This is what I'm trying to avoid, it doesn't work for us in the garden or for the house or (especially) the hot tub.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Martha

Post by Martha »

A quick update, with the new text up, summer is booking well with couples and friends, plus a family with teens. About half with dogs. Fingers crossed it continues!
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Great Martha, good to hear.
farley

Post by farley »

That’s great re your bookings Martha.
I’m really hoping we can all have a safe and happy summer season.

So sorry to hear of your friends dogs, it’s a potential scenario which constantly concerned me when dog walking. Very sad.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Another update...

We booked summer completely, and winter is filling fast. Babies, tots and teens only, no kids 5-12. (Apart from a couple of returners that we know are OK). No problems and no-one has questioned it.

To confirm that it was the right thing to do, the very last family with school age kids (who booked ages ago before we started the restriction) put a dent the shape of a rugby ball and twice the size in our copper swing.

The parents, I am quite certain, didn't know about this and you can't charge for a new one anyway, they are about five grand each, but that mark is there for good now - with careful use of a rubber hammer we were able to beat the dent out but it's still visible. So that's it now for kids. No more!
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Martha wrote:Another update...

We booked summer completely, and winter is filling fast. Babies, tots and teens only, no kids 5-12. (Apart from a couple of returners that we know are OK). No problems and no-one has questioned it.
So that's it now for kids. No more!
May I say congratulations. :D :D :D

It's lovely when one takes back control isn't it! :D
Martha

Post by Martha »

Thanks! Yes a good decision and we are much happier!