Google Ads Campaign

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Pengman

Google Ads Campaign

Post by Pengman »

I'm 3 days into running my first Google Ads Campaign. I set my budget at £2/day. Stats so far are 6 clicks, 304 impressions, £0.67 cost per click. I just did two searches on Google using random search phrases and my ad came up at the bottom of the first page of search results in both cases, so that impressed me. But can anyone advise if these stats are good or bad?

One problem is defining 'conversions'. Ideally this would be a booking, but booking takes place on my Eviivo booking page and Evivvo don't fire a call back to my site when a booking occurs. Even if they did, conceivably it might be a booking from a OTA and not relevant to a click through from a Google Ad. Currently I've got the conversion event snippit in the header of 'my' booking page which is set on a 301 redirect to my Eviivo booking page. The thing is this, 'my' booking page is set to 'Page View' in Google Ads (the best relevant event I could find) but is the page viewed if it's set on a 301 redirect?
I came, I saw, I bought it.
whirlybird

Post by whirlybird »

I think the cost per click seems a bit high. I have a limit on mine and ensure the negative keyword list is updated.
I do find that twhen starting a campaign that aa sorts of searches are included which need weeding out.
Have you checked the terms which those clicks showed for ?
https://www.moorparks.co.uk/farm-stay-self-catering/
https://www.facebook.com/moorparks/
Moorparks Holiday Cottages Moorparks, EX19 8NA 07850 356627

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in the correct order as they should be!
newtimber

Re: Google Ads Campaign

Post by newtimber »

Pengman wrote:I'm 3 days into running my first Google Ads Campaign. I set my budget at £2/day. Stats so far are 6 clicks, 304 impressions, £0.67 cost per click. I just did two searches on Google using random search phrases and my ad came up at the bottom of the first page of search results in both cases, so that impressed me. But can anyone advise if these stats are good or bad?
You need to do these checks in a private window as otherwise your position will be different.
newtimber

Re: Google Ads Campaign

Post by newtimber »

Pengman wrote: One problem is defining 'conversions'. Ideally this would be a booking, but booking takes place on my Eviivo booking page and Evivvo don't fire a call back to my site when a booking occurs. Even if they did, conceivably it might be a booking from a OTA and not relevant to a click through from a Google Ad. Currently I've got the conversion event snippit in the header of 'my' booking page which is set on a 301 redirect to my Eviivo booking page. The thing is this, 'my' booking page is set to 'Page View' in Google Ads (the best relevant event I could find) but is the page viewed if it's set on a 301 redirect?
I'd be surprised if Eviivo didn't provide a means of tracking conversions as they are aimed at property managers who need to know how their website is performing. If Eviivo doesn't, then there are other booking systems that will provide what you want. It's a common requirement.