Bed & Breakfast query

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Happy Days

Bed & Breakfast query

Post by Happy Days »

We closed last year for all bookings due to Covid.
We hope to reopen this year for summer bookings.
We have both been vaccinated and are due 2nd jabs in June.
One of our cancelled booking has send us an email to know if we can accommodate them for 3 nights as they are coming to a wedding in the area.
I replied saying we had the dates available and asked if they had received the vaccine yet.
They have replied saying they are waiting for wedding confirmation but did not mention the vaccine.
Last night they said they would confirm next week if the wedding is on.
Should I ask them again if they received the vaccine.?
I would prefer if they had taken the vaccine.
Is it wrong to ask this question of French guests ?? We are a B&B not gîte
CSE

Post by CSE »

Asking about vaccination is not for a business to ask.
Under Eu Privacy laws no employee, not even hospitals can know that information of there staff. That is just how strict it is.

It reads like France will not be using any sort of vaccination/ passport restrictions on a day to day basis.
https://www.linternaute.com/voyage/prat ... nfinement/
or this where it states that the vaccine will not be obligatory.
https://www.francesoir.fr/societe-sante ... gatoire-ni

Maybe things will change but this is all you have to go on at the moment.
Maybe if you feel it is too much of a risk do not open up. However having been vaccinated you have no risk from non vaccinated so there is no worry is there?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

CSE wrote: However having been vaccinated you have no risk from non vaccinated so there is no worry is there?
Not strictly true. Having been vaccinated we are protected to the extent that if we get COVID we will get it less severely and we will not die.

I strongly suggest if you are that worried, do not take your guests.

We stayed open last year but I was absolutely scrupulous in terms of social distancing / wearing masks/ thorough cleansing and leaving a week between guests. We have had both our jabs, but I see no reason to behave any differently to last year. For the time being I will assume any guests will present a risk to us and to any subsequent guests unless I take maximum care.
vacancesthezan

Re: Bed & Breakfast query

Post by vacancesthezan »

Happy Days wrote:We closed last year for all bookings due to Covid.
We hope to reopen this year for summer bookings.
We have both been vaccinated and are due 2nd jabs in June.
One of our cancelled booking has send us an email to know if we can accommodate them for 3 nights as they are coming to a wedding in the area.
I replied saying we had the dates available and asked if they had received the vaccine yet.
They have replied saying they are waiting for wedding confirmation but did not mention the vaccine.
Last night they said they would confirm next week if the wedding is on.
Should I ask them again if they received the vaccine.?
I would prefer if they had taken the vaccine.
Is it wrong to ask this question of French guests ?? We are a B&B not gîte
We also have a B&B although the way our house is configured we live on a totally different floor so it is easier to remain away from our guests.

We have bookings for 3 weddings for this year already. We offer a "cut down" service for them ie reduced breakfast, little contact etc. Most people are really happy as they want to spend the max time with family and friends and only want somewhere to sleep.

If you plan to reopen sometime then you do need to take the first step and this may be it but only if you are comfortable. Maybe think about how you could accommodate them safely in your home rather than if. Then vaccinated or not vaccinated is not the most important question. We havent asked our renters this question and would not think to do so. You can still get and pass on covid even after both jabs.

We are vaccinated and will not enter the rooms for at least 24 hours after they go!

VT
SPJ

Re: Bed & Breakfast query

Post by SPJ »

vacancesthezan wrote:
If you plan to reopen sometime then you do need to take the first step and this may be it but only if you are comfortable. Maybe think about how you could accommodate them safely in your home rather than if. Then vaccinated or not vaccinated is not the most important question. We havent asked our renters this question and would not think to do so. You can still get and pass on covid even after both jabs.

We are vaccinated and will not enter the rooms for at least 24 hours after they go!

VT
Agreed. Although we are fortunate in that our gite is at the opposite end of the garden to where we live, nevertheless, I did a lot of planning and reorganising so that last year I had minimum contact with our guests and that will continue to be our same approach this year.
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

Thank you all for your advice.
I think we can safely offer this couple a safe haven for there wedding visit. I think after being closed last summer I am over thinking 🤔 everything.
The accommodation is complete and we can organise to have a different entrance for ourselves. We will take all precautions necessary to remain safe. We plan to leave 2 day gap between future bookings.
We wish everyone a safe and stress free season.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Happy Days wrote: I think after being closed last summer I am over thinking 🤔 everything.

That's what I did last year - better to be safe than sorry. Promise you it does get easier

The accommodation is complete and we can organise to have a different entrance for ourselves. We will take all precautions necessary to remain safe. We plan to leave 2 day gap between future bookings.

Well done. Good idea.

We wish everyone a safe and stress free season.

And to you too.