Cottage World listing site

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Lamb

Cottage World listing site

Post by Lamb »

Does anyone have any experience of Cottage World?

They claim in excess of 55000 UK properties and show a reasonable 640 in our area. Many are booked via the likes of Sykes and so on, but they are happy for individual owners to list with them as well.

Whilst not the most sophisticated site in the world, it does offer free listings to owners and a direct link to the owner's website.

I can't see an obvious drawback.... or how they derive an income stream.

Any thoughts before I commit?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I've never heard of it.
You will spend hours setting up your listing and get no bookings at all.
Is that a drawback?
Lamb

Post by Lamb »

Hi Newtimber,
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
We are still in need of a few more weeks. As we already list on HL, OD, and Airbnb amongst others, I just wondered if it was worth trying.
Thanks anyway.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Lamb wrote:Hi Newtimber,
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
We are still in need of a few more weeks. As we already list on HL, OD, and Airbnb amongst others, I just wondered if it was worth trying.
Thanks anyway.
I've never heard of them nor have I seen them come up in searches. Hence I would never book via them because I didn't know they existed.

That is likely to be the case for your prospective guests too

Have you tried Independent Cottages? You pay an annual subscription but they filled me completely this summer . I only list with them and on Facebook now really, with the occasional week that I can't fill any other way on Booking. com
whirlybird

Post by whirlybird »

I would agree, if you do a search for a property in your area and they don't come up on the search there is no point.
We use Independent but only had one booking from them, others seem to get more. That may be because we are already pretty booked and not much chance for them to book anything!
https://www.moorparks.co.uk/farm-stay-self-catering/
https://www.facebook.com/moorparks/
Moorparks Holiday Cottages Moorparks, EX19 8NA 07850 356627

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in the correct order as they should be!