Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Spain-Holiday
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
volcano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my burning questions was about instant booking. Whether I have a veto, how many, how long. Penalty?
In the meantime I found the German documentary online.
it says: 10% fee for cancellations within 7 days of booking, 20% after 8-15 days and 30% after more than 15 days.
The good man should have known that ...
roxytoo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bookiply did a follow up with me today. I told them, as I had before, that I wasn't going to do anything until both of mine expires. I got the hard sell then that if I transfer over to them now they would give me a refund of the remaining adverts pro rated and I wouldn't have to pay 'the activation fee', they would do that for free. I was so angry I didn't even ask them how much the activation fee was!
volcano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90 Euro activation fee
Manclass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything at all we can do about this ?, is it even legal for a Spain-Holiday to take a years subscription 3 weeks before they sell out without any notification ? I would have thought paying the subscription was agreeing to a twelve month contract with them ? As far as I can see they've broken that contract .

I really don't like the sound of Bookify , I've already paid my annual subscription with Vrbo , I've never been interested with advertising with AirBnB... Im not sure what our options are . ?
roxytoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can stay as you are until your subscription runs out. I think. Thats what I'm doing!
Manclass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxytoo wrote:
I think you can stay as you are until your subscription runs out. I think. Thats what I'm doing!

This is what I will do if it is an option, everybody seems to be in the dark ..
Vera

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I thought I would list with Bookiply (not bookify which I have called it by mistake) now when I log in I can see my 2 spain holiday properties, imported and waiting for me to sign the contract, which I will not do. I was on commission with SH so have not lost anything. They only have 3 other properties in my area.

They are part of Holidu which seems to be an aggressive start up listing company. They show a lot of properties and my listings with VRBO and bookingdotcom are shown. I assume they are being paid a click through by these companies as clicking on the links takes me to the respective listing.
roxytoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just checked and my apartment is on there, cant see the house at the mo. When you click it goes to VRBO which is MY advert on there! How can they do this when I haven't even given permission?
Manclass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had my phone call from Marta from Bookiply.
She confirmed that its is possible to keep with Spain-Holiday until your subscription expires, in my case June 2022, that's what I will do then I will have to make my decision on what to do there after.. As far as I am concerned I will not be signing up to Bookiply .
I really don't like the sound of it ..
dixeady

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manclass wrote:
Just had my phone call from Marta from Bookiply.
She confirmed that its is possible to keep with Spain-Holiday until your subscription expires, in my case June 2022, that's what I will do then I will have to make my decision on what to do there after.. As far as I am concerned I will not be signing up to Bookiply .
I really don't like the sound of it ..

My advert with SpainHoliday is till April 2022. I was cajoled/forced into upgrading to the more expensive option back in Dec, with the bait of 3 extra months included in the fee. Now all this has happened! I'm as shocked as everyone else. Hope they keep their jobs....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: