Spain-Holiday

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
volcano

Post by volcano »

One of my burning questions was about instant booking. Whether I have a veto, how many, how long. Penalty?
In the meantime I found the German documentary online.
it says: 10% fee for cancellations within 7 days of booking, 20% after 8-15 days and 30% after more than 15 days.
The good man should have known that ...
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Bookiply did a follow up with me today. I told them, as I had before, that I wasn't going to do anything until both of mine expires. I got the hard sell then that if I transfer over to them now they would give me a refund of the remaining adverts pro rated and I wouldn't have to pay 'the activation fee', they would do that for free. I was so angry I didn't even ask them how much the activation fee was!
volcano

Post by volcano »

90 Euro activation fee
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Is there anything at all we can do about this ?, is it even legal for a Spain-Holiday to take a years subscription 3 weeks before they sell out without any notification ? I would have thought paying the subscription was agreeing to a twelve month contract with them ? As far as I can see they've broken that contract .

I really don't like the sound of Bookify , I've already paid my annual subscription with Vrbo , I've never been interested with advertising with AirBnB... Im not sure what our options are . ?
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I think you can stay as you are until your subscription runs out. I think. Thats what I'm doing!
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

roxytoo wrote:I think you can stay as you are until your subscription runs out. I think. Thats what I'm doing!

This is what I will do if it is an option, everybody seems to be in the dark ..
Vera

Post by Vera »

A few weeks ago I thought I would list with Bookiply (not bookify which I have called it by mistake) now when I log in I can see my 2 spain holiday properties, imported and waiting for me to sign the contract, which I will not do. I was on commission with SH so have not lost anything. They only have 3 other properties in my area.

They are part of Holidu which seems to be an aggressive start up listing company. They show a lot of properties and my listings with VRBO and bookingdotcom are shown. I assume they are being paid a click through by these companies as clicking on the links takes me to the respective listing.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I've just checked and my apartment is on there, cant see the house at the mo. When you click it goes to VRBO which is MY advert on there! How can they do this when I haven't even given permission?
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Just had my phone call from Marta from Bookiply.
She confirmed that its is possible to keep with Spain-Holiday until your subscription expires, in my case June 2022, that's what I will do then I will have to make my decision on what to do there after.. As far as I am concerned I will not be signing up to Bookiply .
I really don't like the sound of it ..
dixeady

Post by dixeady »

Manclass wrote:Just had my phone call from Marta from Bookiply.
She confirmed that its is possible to keep with Spain-Holiday until your subscription expires, in my case June 2022, that's what I will do then I will have to make my decision on what to do there after.. As far as I am concerned I will not be signing up to Bookiply .
I really don't like the sound of it ..
My advert with SpainHoliday is till April 2022. I was cajoled/forced into upgrading to the more expensive option back in Dec, with the bait of 3 extra months included in the fee. Now all this has happened! I'm as shocked as everyone else. Hope they keep their jobs....
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Has anybody actually signed up with Bookiply yet..
If so what's your opinion and how is it going ?
joddle

Post by joddle »

Has anyone found any company operating a listings site in a similar way to Spain Holiday? - For me SH was the perfect option but are there any sites as good as SH were? Especially for rental in Spain! I have now been approached by ww.simplyowners.net but know nothing about them although they say they operate in the same way as Spain Holiday but their site does not seem very Spain orientated. Any ideas anyone?
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
volcano

Post by volcano »

Sad but true - I can't find an alternative. SH is sorely missed. I also ended up at SO, but I'm not convinced of it either. I remember their start - very questionable. Fb just seems to deliver chaos. Then I thought of Rentalia, but Trustpilot quickly turned me away from it. Like all the sites that want to force me to accept their online bookings, that are taking my money and that offer no guarantee that my money will be safe there. Paternalism is not for me and I wonder how long it will be before all the guests and owners finally wake up.
All the gangs that tap the data in the network and then sell it as their property. Fraud is on the rise, I find it alarming. Perhaps this condition will then result in a change.
Until then, I am negotiating with local agencies, hoping for guests to walk by and inquire about bookings. B..y is not an option for me.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

It could be worth looking at habitaclia.com. It is probably the best site in Spain for buying and selling but it also has "alquiler" and "alquiler de temporada" which is holiday-lets. It is easy to navigate, even if your Spanish isn't great. It's free to advertise for private individuals ("particular" in Spanish)so your ad will expire but they notify you beforehand.
I mostly used this site to advertise my properties for sale but also got some rental business. It will be Spanish people but for the moment, that's the market.
It is like the old Spain-holiday in that the people contact you direct. It's not a click-to-book site. For my town they have 16 properties which is about the same as Spain-hol used to have. Most properties are entered by agencies. For now it doesn't show up in Trustpilot so at least nobody has registered any neggies.
It's free. It's a very well recognised Spanish site. You get up to 30 photos.
Marks

Post by Marks »

If you are still on SH you may just want to check that your property actually shows in search results. Mine have been disappearing for reasons they don't know but they always manage to get them to re-appear.

So far I have got four months added to my current subscriptions to compensate me.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.