Best adhesive for replacing swimming pool tiles.

For anything to do with the garden and pool
joddle

Best adhesive for replacing swimming pool tiles.

Post by joddle »

We found we have lost about 10 of the little square tiles from one of the steps in our swimming pool. Next year we are hoping to have the pool drained and re-grouted and repaired but still have visitors booked for this August and September so would like to replace the missing tiles if possible. A few years back I used a two part epoxy putty but can't find the same product any more from suppliers in Spain so is there a good reliable white adhesive which will set and bond under water to effect a temporary cosmetic repair? All suggestions welcomed. Even if I have to buy from the UK and ship the stuff out!
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Tom Hart

Post by Tom Hart »

I had the same problem and used Mr Sticky's Underwater Glue. It appears to be available in the EU as a google search returns prices in euros. It works very well. However I had the small tiles and they continued to fall off with increasing frequency ( not those after using glue). I had the pool regrouted, but last year had the whole thing coated with a special covering. So far no problems. Good Luck!
joddle

Post by joddle »

Tom Hart wrote:I had the same problem and used Mr Sticky's Underwater Glue. It appears to be available in the EU as a google search returns prices in euros. It works very well. However I had the small tiles and they continued to fall off with increasing frequency ( not those after using glue). I had the pool regrouted, but last year had the whole thing coated with a special covering. So far no problems. Good Luck!
I will need a re-grout soon but what is the special coating? - sounds very interesting!!
Tom Hart

Post by Tom Hart »

During 2019/20 the tiles were coming off by the dozen, and the pool started leaking. I ended up having all the tiles replaced and grouted. The company then applied 7P-930 CINGUARD EP500 an Elastomeric polyurethane membrane.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Tom Hart wrote:I had the same problem and used Mr Sticky's Underwater Glue. It appears to be available in the EU as a google search returns prices in euros. It works very well. However I had the small tiles and they continued to fall off with increasing frequency ( not those after using glue). I had the pool regrouted, but last year had the whole thing coated with a special covering. So far no problems. Good Luck!
Tried that stuff today - hated it as it stuck to everything BUT maybe it will hold the tiles on until I can arrange a regrout next year!