Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

PMP Photos - Tearing My Hair Out

How to build your own personal website from scratch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casscat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: PMP Photos - Tearing My Hair Out Reply with quote

I don't remember it being this tough to create a basic PMP web page last time! Confused I am having severe problems loading photos. The issues are two fold, one of which is not the fault of PMP I'm sure. I am a Mac user and all my photos are taken on my iPhone and auto-downloaded to my Mac, which is helpful as I can view them on a big screen before binning the crap ones. However when it comes to loading them to PMP many of them are greyed out and unable to be moved and those that can be absorbed into my PMP site are upside down. I have tried to follow the help page advice in relation to the latter issue but there is no 'rotate' option. The only way - cumbersome and ridiculous - that I have thus far been able to shift my photos over to PMP (please don't laugh) is to create a private Facebook photo album, import my chosen pics there, copy them to downloads on my Mac and then send them to my PMP page. Surely there must be an easier way??! Shocked
Drax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you contact PMP for advice, I have always found them extremely helpful.
zebedee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, PMP seem to have limited the size of the photos that you can use. I had photos that were on for a long while then suddenly turned sideways or upside down.
Fortunately I have been maki g changes to my site, so found out that this was the issue.

Your MAC has tools on it that allows you to edit your photos down to size. The instructions on what to do on your MAC and size limits are all in the PMP help section. Saying that, I have not managed to size more than one photo at a time.

Hope this helps and feel free to pm me as I have more work to do in my site so happy to log in and give you more details.

I can’t help about the greying though…
SusanMay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help with PMP but in reply to Zebedee, I've used this to reduce the size of several photos at once:

https://bulkresizephotos.com
How to build your own personal website from scratch