Independent Cottages

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
SusanMay

Independent Cottages

Post by SusanMay »

Hello,

I was wondering how fellow Independent Cottages subscribers are finding it these days as I need to decide whether to subscribe to another year soon and, personally, don't seem to be getting any bookings recently through them. My stats show no one has even clicked through to my website last month from their site. I used to find it worth doing and am wondering if the purchase by Snaptrip last year may have affected anything. Looking at the website I see people need to put their email in before they can do much so wonder if this is putting them off?
Drax

Re: Independent Cottages

Post by Drax »

We were with Independent Cottages for 6 years, they generated a lot of business for us and were sorry when they sold out to Snaptrip.
After the take-over we decided to leave Independent Cottages last year because amongst other things we were suspicious commission would be introduced despite Snaptrip pledging they would not do this.
Also the current Independent Cottages site contains a hotch-potch of of holiday lets from a variety of other sites, Sykes, Airbnb etc. which in my opinion cheapens it.
We now subscribe to Simply Owners, which is independently owned, does not charge commission and up to now we are satisfied with the bookings we have received through their site.
Keep your powder dry.