Advice on Choosing a Domain name

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Ciapolin

Advice on Choosing a Domain name

Post by Ciapolin »

I want to set up a website for my 3 self-catering appartments which I hope to have up and running by the end of this year. Can anyone offer advice about what sort of name to choose - I had thought of using the name of the property, but have been told that this may limit the number of hits I would get (it's Italian and so would be unlikely to be keyed into a search engine).

As you can tell, I'm not techie!
tansy

Post by tansy »

Hello

Sugegst you have a look at Paolo's incredible research under the section building a web site from scratch for Tansy...the work that everyone has put in to this web site construction is quite awesome - I think you should find everything there for you

Good luck with it all - and let us all know how you get on!

Best wishes

Tansy
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Thanks Tansy - I have been having a look - fantastic!

Now to have a go myself!

Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Carole-Anne. :D

Your domain name should try to sum up what your site is about, and the shorter and more memorable it is, the better.

But remember that few people will get to your site by typing the address into a browser - they will follow a link there, either from a search engine, or another site.

I would suggest a name made up of location and descriptor - piemonterentals.com is available, which would be good, but do English speaking people use Piemonte instead of Piedmont?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Thanks Paulo - we have been having the very same discussion! The other problem we have is that there is also a Piedmont in America!

The area isn't particularly well know at the moment amongst the Brits (although some of the wines are - Barolo, Barbaresco etc), but hopefully that will change with the forthcoming Olympics.

Carole-Anne