Communications .com or .co.uk at least a phone number?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
centime

Communications .com or .co.uk at least a phone number?

Post by centime »

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Recently had two guests emails came back undelivered, first one was the fault of the guest who had put .co.uk instead of .com at the end of her email address by mistake. Solved this by sending a text message to the cell phone number that she had provided via the booking form from the site. The potential renter this morning did not provide a phone number, I tried substituting the .co.uk with .com and sent if off - nothing back yet? So what do you do with a genuine enquiry that you can't respond to? How can you trace them - techies help here please ?? :cry: Don't like to let one slip through my digital fingers :?
Lisbon the lovely, Lisbon the fair, never to have seen her is to miss something rare!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

centime, hi

If the enquiry has come through a rental site, you could try asking them for the source address.

If direct from the enquirer you should have the option on your incoming email to View Headers which will give you stacks of information on how the email reached you and possibly including the correct email address.

If via a form on your web site then you could either force the enquirer to put in their email address twice (and make the fields cross refer - don't know the jargon term) or make the telephone field compulsory.

Otherwise I don't know.

MG
debk

Post by debk »

Hey, centime -

When in doubt, try .net! (Along with some creative googling.)

Dual entry on our inquiry form has worked wonders for us, but I did get a bad email or two the past year from either hr or vrbo.

The good news is that, if they are really interested, they'll email again. Not to worry! :D

Beijinhos,
debk