And another review request, please.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
enid

Post by enid »

Sorry to take so long to post a review. ( Working on only one cylinder at the moment.) I haven't read all of this thread so please excuse any repeated comments.

I like the colour scheme and the clean layout of the site. The text is concise and easy to read - not always true for theses tired old eyes. I found all the information I would need as a prospective client. The photo quality is good but there needs to be more (expect you have this in hand) - especially of the interiors.

I did find myself trying to click on the orange text expecting a link. You still need to do a little proof reading ( home page has 'we will return your enquiry with as soon as we possibly can' for example).

Other than those two points I have no negatives - I liked it at a lot and congratulate you on a job well done. I look forward to having a look at the final proof with more photos :D
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Coming in a bit late as usual..........

I'm not going to say much because most of it has been said. Its a very welcoming site, and your place looks and sounds lovely.

Just two negatives. I HATE the orange text! I can hardly read it for one thing, and in some cases the orange font reduces in size, making it even more difficult.

Your pdf file for T&C wouldn't download for me.

I like the orange down the side, though. I can understand why you wanted to use orange text, as it co-ordinates, but I'm screwing my eyes up to see it.

Sorry about your poor chicken. I was really touched that you took it to the vet - a lot of people would have just wrung its neck.

Good luck with the site whatever you decide to do about the orange. You could try emboldening it. That still wouldn't please us orange text haters, but that's just personal (it wouldn't stop me booking your gites) but at least it would be easier on the eye.

Regards,

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Just noticed something else. I think your title is a graphic. I've been told by others on here that Google doesn't read graphics, so you might like to think how to deal with that.

Perhaps a passing expert can put us right on that.
Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Pauliner wrote:
Sorry about your poor chicken. I was really touched that you took it to the vet
Actually, it's easy to become fond of your chickens. Back in the UK, I managed to rescue William our cockerel from the jaws of the local fox after he'd bravely defended his 'girls' from attack. He was pretty badly chewed, so I took him to the vet in a cardboard box. He proceeded to challenge the phone ringing in the waiting room with a 'cock-a-doodle' to the alarm of assorted dogs and cats (and owners) and then chased the terrified vet into the corner of the room in a flurry of feathers and squarking when he was finally liberated from the box.

Liberally laced with antibiotics, he survived with impressive battle scars and one eye to live another day but, in the end, he was carried off by another fox. I like to think that he'd fought a good campaign up until then.

Jim
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hmm, I too found myself putting my mouse over the orange text expecting it to open another page and I already knew from reading other reviews that it doesn't, how silly is that :oops: but definite proof that that is what is implied and yes, quite irritating, sorry.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Giddy Goat

Roosters

Post by Giddy Goat »

Jimbo wrote: I like to think that he'd fought a good campaign up until then. Jim

They breed 'em strong down there Jim - must be the micro-climate! :wink:
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I managed to rescue William our cockerel from the jaws of the local fox after he'd bravely defended his 'girls' from attack. He was pretty badly chewed, so I took him to the vet in a cardboard box. He proceeded to challenge the phone ringing in the waiting room with a 'cock-a-doodle' to the alarm of assorted dogs and cats (and owners) and then chased the terrified vet into the corner of the room in a flurry of feathers and squarking when he was finally liberated from the box.

Liberally laced with antibiotics, he survived with impressive battle scars and one eye to live another day but, in the end, he was carried off by another fox. I like to think that he'd fought a good campaign up until then.

Jim
:shock:

Do you think someone ought to warn PC Im sure that [male chicken..family show ]
thats following him around is getting closer :wink: :roll: :lol: