Any French owners know pour-les-vacances .com?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
greenfrog

Any French owners know pour-les-vacances .com?

Post by greenfrog »

Hi,

I've completed Paolo's suggested keyword search for rental apartments in Paris and one site that fared well was pour-les-vacances.com.

I've never seen it before and I think it looks very ugly and unwieldy (and it's not free) so I was wondering if any of you owners in France have used it and, if so, with what success?

My best still remain vrbo and HR and one managed site where I believe the repeat business is what keeps it up there.

Thanks!
Elaine

ps - Absolutely not associated with it!
Lounging on the lily pad...
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It is my best French site for bookings, despite looking bad. 2 things they do - you can pay extra for always being at the top of a search for an area and secondly they restrict the number of listings per area so there is a limit to the number of properties and consequently a better chance of bookings for owners.
I get a very strange newsletter a couple of times a year, the webmaster seems a bit of a nutter, but the site works for me!

It has been said before and I'll say it again, you don't get something for nothing - free sites are generally a waste of time.
At 80€, APLV is a lot cheaper than other sites I use and I get tons more referrals to my website from it than any of the otherlisting sites on which I advertise.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I went to investigate a couple of times but it took far too long to load ( yes, UK, broadband)and I never got to see anything :cry: