Mislaid Items.

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Hells Bells

Mislaid Items.

Post by Hells Bells »

Our guests left, yesterday. Our first repeat booking, although it was actually friends of theirs who stayed in our place, as they were in a larger apartment upstairs. Despite asking them not to remove kitchen equipment from our place, some of the crockery, glassware etc was mixed up after they departed (left really early, so the place wasn't checked before they left). Really annoying as we have different cleaners, who now have to arrange to meet, and swap stuff over. One of a set of brand new glasses was broken too, which is annoying,as I will have to buy three new ones. GRRR...........

:evil:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi HelenB

That is annoying...Did they leave a note or anything....apologising for the glasses :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No, but my apartment manager has now asked them about it ( by email) , and yes they did break the glass, but do not know anything about the missing items, which I know were there when I left last Sunday. We have a very accurate inventory, but not sure about the other apartment owners.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi HelenB

Do you have a damage deposit

I know thats not the point though :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yes, we do take a damage deposit, although as they were returning guests I nearly didn't. As they ended up not staying there though, I felt more comfortable taking one. It's more the hassle for Mel, as she will be the one to have to find the items, or buy new ones. Luckily we have no guests in this week,what would they do without a corkscrew!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

what would they do without a corkscrew!!
Well I for one would be one the first Plane out :shock: :lol:

Seriously Paula[who looks after the houses was rung at some ungodly our because a guest had broke a corkscrew and wanted her to get her a new one :shock: :roll:
[not in our houses though]
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Seriously Paula[who looks after the houses was rung at some ungodly our because a guest had broke a corkscrew and wanted her to get her a new one
That makes me a smarty pants then, we have 2 :P
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Helen I can understand your frustration! Quite often I find my cupboards re-arranged and items put in places where you would never think to look! One time I spent ages looking for the dust pan and brush set (normally kept in the downstairs cupboard) and found them tucked away by the garden entrance door...wasting precious 'cleaning time' looking for it :evil:

Ros...know what you mean about the corkscrew.....a nightmare if I can't find mine :lol:

Got to get another 'for standby' like Partridge!!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

previous guests rearranged our new coffee machine to the top shelf of the wardbrobe. :roll: . Annoying as these things have been rearranged into someone elses apartment.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Crikey Helen, just as well the different cleaners/owners etc can all contact eachother otherwise how would you have sorted it out :shock:

I was amazed when we went to our place in Sept after the summer lets to see the wheelie thingy in the shower room to put your bits and pieces on was in the kitchen instead. Well, ok I guess it does look a bit like a vegetable tray but WHO would decide to use it that way and then not put it back !! Had a right ruck at the management ( I use the term loosely), although they don't clean themselves it's up to them to sort them out.

Having said that, I insisted the cleaner that does ours is to go nowhere near my apartment after being there when she 'cleaned', inspecting the limescale on the shower screen, running after her and saying 'el bano, no bien, vuelves para mi'. I hope that loosely translated meant 'the bathroom, no good, come back with me'. Wouldn't mind, after pointing it out and leaving her to it I still had to do it myself again :evil:

Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

That makes me a smarty pants then, we have 2
You havent been round to Helens have you :shock:

:wink: :lol:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

You havent been round to Helens have you
Rozzie, you crack me up, youre one liners are too damn good and too damn quick :D

Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Fortunately they are friends, and will do each others apartments and meet guests when the other is unable to (e.g. our is expecting a baby at the end of June and the other one damaged her knee last winter and couldn't climb the three flights of stairs. I don't really know the other owner too well though.

Oh well, I suppose there is some justice. He insisted in paying me early for the apartment as it the full balance was due only a couple of weeks after he booked. So now, when I go to refund their damage deposit it will be more than 60 days since they paid it, so he will have to pay the Paypal charges.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Well, so far the items haven't turned up, but as he's put some nice feedback on the website, I have refunded the deposit anyway.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Turned out that plate was upstairs (we think, as they have same ones), but corkscrew turned up, and bottle opener is missing.
:roll: