Lay My Hat in the New York Times

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
paolo

Lay My Hat in the New York Times

Post by paolo »

We're in the New York Times today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/17/reale ... -home.html

Not exactly the angle I would have chosen as it makes it sound like we mainly moan about guests. But it might bring some new friends from State-side.

The writer of the piece contacted me because Brooke recommended the site to her, so cheers Brooke! :D
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

WOW :shock:

Well Done Paolis :o :lol: [and Brooke] what a compliment to your GREAT Website......and they even spelt your name right :oops:

I am SO :lol: chuffed for you and everybody associated with LMH

....All the hard work you put in deserved this sort of recognition....
[I take it they flew you into New York first class..and put you up in a Ritzy Hotel before your interview :wink: :roll: ]
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Well done! I think the advert is good for business and will increase hits from across the pond?

As for Paolo being interviewed by NYT, I don;t think it will be long before the LA Galaxy ask him to be their PR man and pay him $1m per week alongside Becks & Posh???
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Chinese proverb:
When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them
Hi Paolo

Congratulations .. a well deserved accolade to you.

Pity about the downbeat approach concentrating on the more negative side of renting but once people click on the link, they'll see that LMH is a far richer experience.

Jim
Stu

Post by Stu »

LOL! Excellent!

Well done Sir Paolo of St. Paolis! Arise gentle knight....(or is that Fluffy?)
Ju

Post by Ju »

I can't believe the towel thread is so famous!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Paolo,

I hope this is not part of the big build up to sell LMH of to the Home Away group :shock: :lol:

Seriously, well done that bloke!!!
Cheers
PC
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yes congrats Paolo! You really have created a lovely site valued by many!

well done

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Jimbo wrote:Chinese proverb:
When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them
And very tasty they are too! Paolo's wife's shoe fund could always do with a bit of a boost, I'm sure. Maybe now's the time.....(adds to mental to do list to put on visible to do list, then to be sure to do it!)

Congrats Paolo - I didn't worry too much about the reference to 'moaning', and I'm sure interested NYT readers will still type in our URL.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

As one of the principal roles of the forum is to offer advice to other rental owners, it follows that there are rather a lot of 'moans' and 'problems'.
I personally wouldn't be interested in reading numerous threads about how wonderful guests are and as 95% of them are wonderful, there would be a lot of posts to read!
Congratulations Paolo on the article, I think this is a great forum to be a part of.
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Kudos to all, especially Paolo and Brooke.

When all those nice New Yorkers start reading the Cafe Forum they'll see what a nice bunch of people frequent LMH!
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Well done to Paolo & Brooke...what a great achievement for LMH to get publicity in the NY Times!!
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Woo hoo :lol: fame at last, well done Paolo and Brooke.

The only thing that worries me is 'guests' finding us, fine for the potential and lovely ones but what about the ones we've moaned about, any chance of a law suit :oops:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

The only thing that worries me is 'guests' finding us, fine for the potential and lovely ones but what about the ones we've moaned about, any chance of a law suit
Would think that would be a non-starter as no names are ever mentioned....?
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Oh, I just knew the towel thread would make the article! :lol:

I think it's fantastic that LMH (and Paolo) is getting more exposure. And if this does bring in more US users, that will be great too, since they will likely bring lots of fresh perspectives.

I e-mailed the NYT months ago after reading another of their "Home Away" articles, featuring several rental owners and the issues they face in marketing their own properties. I recall thinking, "we've discussed all those things here!" and thinking that since the Times is clearly interested in the rental ownership gig (in fact, I'd bet they're no small part of why it's growing so fast in the US), perhaps the only reason they hadn't done an article featuring LMH was that they didn't know it existed... so I sent off a quick e-mail summarizing the features we all know and love.

Apparently I could have been interviewed, too, but this holiday season was really crazy for me, and I responded too late to the offer! So much for my 15 minutes... ;) but at least LMH and Paolo get theirs! :)
Brooke