who will be number 400?!!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Actually I've never been a fan of those titles... I like the fact that we're all the same here!
Agreed - no titles then!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

vrooje wrote:Actually I've never been a fan of those titles... I like the fact that we're all the same here!

I'm still a "forum newbie" or "forum junior member" or some other degrading thing like that on the Living France forums... and every time I post it makes me feel like I won't be taken seriously or something.
Ooooh, I couldn't agree more..I'm a "newbie" officially on the site too although in fact I've been a member since it began,it's just that the system has had some problems over time which forced some of us to change our user names! No titles please!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Anyway, you have qualified as a Pillar of the Community
aww, thanks!! I could do with a pillow, never mind pillar after a fun but tiring weekend.
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

I don't even qualify as a "pleb", LivinginItalyTony, as this is the only Forum I've joined - but I think I've joined the best! Thank you Paolo and everyone else for first-rate friendly expert advice which is on tap almost 24 hours a day.

My only concern is that I could be developing into a Mr Seymour groupie...... Make of that what you will :shock: .

Christine
Christine Kenyon

PS: So, what have you been up to this weekend, Sue?
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Great rock n roll weekend Christine!!

I had my friends Bob's band staying at my house and cottage, this meant I had to clean and get 2 places ready :-( (Cottage is always really clean, my own house. :oops: .......

They did a gig in Hartlepool last Thurs, I caught the train through and that went brilliantly. I went into sales mode and sold 7 CD's which is great. Couple of people had the first cd already, others had been onto his site, heard tracks and came along which I was really pleased at.

Sat night they did a gig in Belford where my cottage is and that was good too. So, I'm tired and as Bob is from Tulsa originally I'm coming out with far too many Americanisms.

Talking of which I must share this story. I gave Bob this talking Mr Potato Head (Toy Story) for his young son. At the cottage Bob got up early morning and must have knocked his bag and I heard Mr Pot Head saying "Don't get your pull string in a knot" follwed by Bob getting a fright and saying "Holy Crap"!!! I was lying in bed shaking with laughter :lol:
Christine Kenyon

Know what you mean about about own home versus cottage when it comes to the cleanliness stakes, Sue. We have to invite someone round for a meal to force us to get the hoover out and get cleaned up. And does anyone really notice?

We also had a really sociable weekend. Saturday night (or part of it) was spent in a hot tub in the garden of a lovely house at the foot of Place Fell in the Ullswater valley. We were invited to "tub and grub". They forgot to mention the superb night vista and the view across the valley. We're also not house-trained in the tub etiquette of how to float a glass of wine while having your back pummelled by jets of hot water. But we laughed and survived. Although John had trouble getting his back off the bed on Sunday morning. But maybe that was the wine ....

Sunday evening was spent with our new neighbours who have just moved up from London and the City to run a B&B. Their first guests are due next weekend so we were almost the guinea pigs. They are also developing their own website for the B&B and I had to resist giving them a review a la Lay My Hat. It's getting to be a habit....

Anyway, glad you had fun, Sue. Maybe your Mr Potato Head story could develop into a new Forum thread on what's the best (or wierdest) advice you've ever been given.

Cheers

Christine
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Tub and Grub.. sounds like my kind of "do"!!!

Our neighbours here used to have lots of themed parties, cocktail nights, wear pink party and a glitter party... we once had a beach party here in our backyard. (I live in a terrace house near the city centre) We had a plastic paddling pool in the yard, beach tennis in the lane, inflatable seagulls hanging from the washing line and invited people to turn up suitably attired. Most did wearing cut off's, beach clothes etc but a weird and loose interpretation was when 2 guys turned up in hired fancy dress, one as a pirate and one as a viking!!!! I'm still trying to work that one out!

Maybe that's another thread... what have you turned up as to a fancy dress? I've been both a Nun and groucho Marx!!

Thread on advice - I remember a book for cats saying "Never eat anything bigger than your head" :)